AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by veees.1 /forum/post/19576851

Hi,

I am planning on upgrading to a 60inch tv and wanted to get advice which tv to pick between the Samsung LN60C630 and UN60C6300 . My budget is

·
Registered
1,631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by veees.1 /forum/post/19577283

also how does these samsungs compare to Sharp AQUOS LC60E88UN

You will get people in both camps that can make a convincing case either way on CCFL displays. Some might say Sharps Xgen panel might give it a slight nod while Samsungs color and video processing may be considered better. If it were a 46" or 55" I myself would give the edge to Samsung but at 60" it's a tough call...it may come down to things like viewing angles, aesthetics, or just personal preference. If the general look of EX500 doesn't bother you throw in into has as well, it's at least as good as the two mentioned above.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks.

Has anyone watched LN60C630 and UN60C6300 side by side in a store? How does the PQ compare? I went to bestbuy today and they told me that they have discontinued the LN60C630

also what the lowest has anyone paid for UN60C6300?

·
Registered
54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by veees.1 /forum/post/19579588

thanks.

Has anyone watched LN60C630 and UN60C6300 side by side in a store? How does the PQ compare? I went to bestbuy today and they told me that they have discontinued the LN60C630

also what the lowest has anyone paid for UN60C6300?

I'm also hunting this UN60C6300 model but the price has been to high now. The lowest was back in September 28th 2010 (Amazon.com) at $1,965.98. I wish the price would drop that low again... But let's wait, Samsung will more than likely drop it, especially when the new 2011 models arrive next Spring/Summer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lteixeira /forum/post/0

I'm also hunting this UN60C6300 model but the price has been to high now. The lowest was back in September 28th 2010 (Amazon.com) at $1,965.98. I wish the price would drop that low again... But let's wait, Samsung will more than likely drop it, especially when the new 2011 models arrive next Spring/Summer.

Thanks. Let's keep each other posted if we find a good deal

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by veees.1 /forum/post/19586368

Thanks. Let's keep each other posted if we find a good deal

Hopefully you'll do it in a private message since giving prices and where to buy breaks two of the forum rules. You both did read them, didn't you?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim
Hopefully you'll do it in a private message since giving prices and where to buy breaks two of the forum rules. You both did read them, didn't you?
Thanks for reminding

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the differences between these two will probably just come down to aesthetics and personal appeal. The UN60C6300 is 1.2" deep and (without stand) weighs 68.3 lbs. The LN60C630 is 3.4" deep and weighs a bit more. Other than that, you may get deeper blacks out of the LED, but I wouldn't expect MAJOR differences.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Screen uniformity issues may be more of an issue with edge-lit LED/LCDs. CCFL/LCDs tend to be more uniform. This isn't true in all cases, but a mid to high priced "CCFL" will often look better than an entry level "LED". Of course, there are exceptions to all rules, so you need to do your homework & decide what fits best for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts