AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm taking the plunge, here is what I have narrowed it down to Panasonic PT42PD3-P or the Fujitsu 4233. Both are EDTV I understand, Both have very similar specs And there has been alot of debate on my part which I should go for For me the Fujitsu is slightly cheaper but by only a couple of hundred bucks, But still. I believe the Fujitsu is not Quite as deep with the wall mount. Although I have seen both of them Not at the same time. But if memory serves me right the panny had a better picture But I dont know about the source material. And I can get the panny like tomorrow The Fujitsu i would have to wait. My Viewing will mostly be regular dish network 60% then dvd 30% and maybe off air hdtv if i get a turner,Maybe. Eventually I will get a 50" and use it in this room But for now the budget only allows for a 42 and I will probably move it into my master bedroom. It may also be worth mentioning i have some light getting into the room from the windows (not alot) but this is why I'm getting rid of my nec lt150 projector> help form someone who has seen them side by sidewould be appreciated Thanks in advance for your time

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
They are so close. Your ability to get the Panasonic sooner is more than enough to tip it to its favor.

Mark

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've done numerous side by side comparisons between the 2 panels. I like the Panasonic's picture quality with 480p. I like the Fujitsu's inputs. The Fujitsu has the ability to accept 1080i, 720p thru both its component and VGA ports, while the Panasonic might have some problems accepting 1080i thru its VGA port. If you can live with the inputs, get the Panasonic. If you want good picture quality and lots of inputs.....maybe a 50" Pioneer will be the answer.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Hmmm - Why are you trying to decide between Class B Panny and Class A Fujitsu? All things considered would it not make more since to compare TH42PWD4UY class a to Fujitsu?

Regards, Bruce

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was also confused about why my local retailer carried the Class B Panny and the Class A Fujitsu. I guess Fujitsu doesn't have a Class B 42" non-ALIS, so the local reseller must use Class A stuff is they want to sell 42" non-ALIS Fujitsu panels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.