AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the following two options for a new TV:

SAMSUNG HL61A750 or HLT5678S

I saw the samsung at Amazon for $1720 delivered. which is a pretty sweet deal. I'm not a fan of buying something at this price that is this difficult to exchange from an online retailer, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Alternatively, I can get an HLT5678S for $1499 + %6 tax at CircuitCity. It's the last one they have and it's new in the box. I like the idea of being able to easily return it (although, it's not THAT easy as it's 1 hr away) if I don't like it or there's a problem. I MIGHT be able to get them to go lower or price match it to another store.

The size difference is unimportant to me, but considering pricing, the 61 seems to be more tv for about the same price after tax.

However, I would probably be ok with the 56 at a slightly lower cost. What I'm concerned about, though, is the difference between the older model and the new ones. Is the new 7 series fixing some of the geometry issues (or improving) that were seen in the previous models? Any other differences that would make me stay away from the older model?

Right now, I'm leaning towards the 61A750.

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did the same, bought the hlt5687s, then returned it and got the hlt61a750. After having both, I would recommend the 61 for sure. Got mine from Amazon also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts