AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide on a co-op game for my buddy and I to play through together. Leaning toward Borderlands or Left for Dead 2, but I'm open to suggestions. FYI, we've already played RE5 and the Halo campaigns together. I'd also be open to racing games. Thoughts? What's the best experience out there?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Borderlands! It's one of my favorite games ever for the 360.

I am on my third playthrough. I now play with my 10yo Triplets on System-Link. And you can get used copies sooo cheap now.

I can't wait for Borderlands2... if and when.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Borderlands is great.

Crackdown 2 is actually a pretty fun play through with a friend. New copies are about $30 now, so it's a good deal for the amount of time you can put into it.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
just to let you know, if you do plan on getting Borderlands, the GOTY Edition is on sale for $39.99 at Target (online it says $59.99, but the Target by me definitely has a sign for $39.99, and it's definitely for the GOTY Edition and not a mix up) for at least another week. some people bash the GOTY version because the DLC isn't on the disc (they're all one-time use marketplace codes, which means no resell value, and drops the value of the game to what the regular version sells for once the codes are redeemed.), but for $10 more at $39.99 it's definitely worth it...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX /forum/post/19636636

just to let you know, if you do plan on getting Borderlands, the GOTY Edition is on sale for $39.99 at Target (online it says $59.99, but the Target by me definitely has a sign for $39.99, and it's definitely for the GOTY Edition and not a mix up) for at least another week. some people bash the GOTY version because the DLC isn't on the disc (they're all one-time use marketplace codes, which means no resell value, and drops the value of the game to what the regular version sells for once the codes are redeemed.), but for $10 more at $39.99 it's definitely worth it...

thnx, man. I ended up getting it used for 18 bucks. Then, if I like it, I'll buy the dlc a la carte.

thanks for all of the suggestions. 20 min. in, so far so good!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Well I hear both are good games...They didn't really perk my interest.

I would suggest though the Crackdown 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction.

Crackdown you can play the whole game with 4 person co-op and Conviction has it's own separate co-op storyline. Both are a lot of fun.

The Army of Two and Army of Two: The 40th Day games were pretty fun also. Some didn't like them but I had a blast.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
Too Human is probably my favorite coop game outside of Borderlands.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/19644208

Too Human is probably my favorite coop game outside of Borderlands.

and you can get that game dirt cheap now on Amazon...

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Too human was painfully bad, no fun at all.

Crackdown 1, Borderlands, L4D1&2, RSV1&2 are all good choices.

Steam has L4D2 for $5 right now if you have PCs.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Z /forum/post/19646986

Borderlands is great. Also, I had a lot of fun with Mercenaries 2. You can find Mercs 2 dirt cheap.

Mercs 2 is pretty fun in coop, especially if you like the sandbox model gameplay... saints row 2 is another cheap/fun sandbox game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable /forum/post/19645902

Too human was painfully bad, no fun at all.

Crackdown 1, Borderlands, L4D1&2, RSV1&2 are all good choices.

Steam has L4D2 for $5 right now if you have PCs.

L4D 1&2 are painfully bad... unplayable.

everyone has their own opinion, i know plenty of people who play and have played too human daily since release... easily in my top 5 of the 125+ games i own for 360.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX /forum/post/19644876

and you can get that game dirt cheap now on Amazon...

dang, that IS dirt cheap. well, first Borderlands, and then Too Human. Formula, you think it holds up well as a co-op experience?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbled /forum/post/19648280

How has Gears of War 1 & 2 not been mentioned yet?

maybe it was assumed that everyone's already played those? yeah, they were both awesome co-op experiences. I actually prefer 1 over 2, maybe because it was fresh and new.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryb28 /forum/post/19648789

dang, that IS dirt cheap. well, first Borderlands, and then Too Human. Formula, you think it holds up well as a co-op experience?

my buddy just bought it, he's about to start 2 weeks of leave... i've already played through it multiple times, but i'm going to play through it again (still have a few achieves left)... love the game, and for ~$7 or so, there isnt much of a gamble.

if either of you want a futuristic diablo that's based loosely off of mythology, go for it.... it's a hack and slash (guns too) with an interesting/innovative control scheme (which some did not like) with lots of re-playability if you like collecting weapons, armor, and looting in general.

the absolute worst part of too human was that it feels like they were holding back for the sequels (planned trilogy) and we may never see those sequels.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/19647364

i know plenty of people who play and have played too human daily since release... easily in my top 5 of the 125+ games i own for 360.

I have no issue if some people like weird or bad games, but don't recommend them as if others will like them. It reviewed poorly and was received (by gamers) worse. It has a LOL bad story and chars, ugly and repetitive level design, mediocre combat and confusing upgrade system.

Beware....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts