AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local listing is selling his used KRP600M with 5-yr extended warranty and mount for mid 3g. Have a few concerns though:

1) I have a calibrated Hitachi 58 RPTV that's been faithfully great over the years. Will I see a significant improvement when going to the 600M?

2) How do you think this compares with the 2010 Panny plasma? Is it 1-2 years ahead?

3) The extended warranty started on 4/09, any known problems with what looks like first of the batch 600Ms?

4) He claims only about 20 hours on the 600M which is hard to believe when the warranty started on 4/09. Is the web interface the best way to check hours?

5) Other than buzz, crack, stuck pixel/image retention, any other thing I should be looking for before I buy?

6) I'm planning to transport this big boy in either my friend's pick up truck or home depot's truck. It will be bubble wrapped like crazy for the 30 minute journey. I'll be moving it upright. What are your thoughts on transporting this open air?

·
Registered
298 Posts
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Nothing really sticks out in my head

4. Yes. Make sure he lets you check it before you buy it from him

5. Make sure you look both ways before you cross the street

6. Go for it.

·
Registered
845 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailwind /forum/post/18218907

A local listing is selling his used KRP600M with 5-yr extended warranty and mount for mid 3g. Have a few concerns though:

1) I have a calibrated Hitachi 58 RPTV that's been faithfully great over the years. Will I see a significant improvement when going to the 600M?

I came from a pioneer elite 58" RP, and the improvement is substancial.

2) How do you think this compares with the 2010 Panny plasma? Is it 1-2 years ahead?

No one knows for sure on this, but as of now 9g pioneers are at the "top of the food chain"

3) The extended warranty started on 4/09, any known problems with what looks like first of the batch 600Ms?

Not that I am aware of, some say buzzing is louder than other plasmas. Mine has a very slight buzz that I can not hear unless 1 foot away and trying to hear. If there were other problems this site would be where you would find out.

4) He claims only about 20 hours on the 600M which is hard to believe when the warranty started on 4/09. Is the web interface the best way to check hours?

I would not worry too much as to hours. Just check problems below.

5) Other than buzz, crack, stuck pixel/image retention, any other thing I should be looking for before I buy?

Not that I am aware of.

6) I'm planning to transport this big boy in either my friend's pick up truck or home depot's truck. It will be bubble wrapped like crazy for the 30 minute journey. I'll be moving it upright. What are your thoughts on transporting this open air?

I would recommend transporting upright as you stated and placing on top of some type of shock absorbing material (mattress or thick form) to absorb bumps in road. Make sure to secure well as to avoid tip over.

Barry

·
Registered
86 Posts

There will be a huge step up and thats when the set is uncalibrated.

The 2010 Panny's could match the 8G Kuros not the 9Gs from what I understand.

I think there is a link in the 9G Kuro discussion thread or the Kuro settings thread where you can check the hours on a set. You just need to have the IP control on the set turned on and you will be good to go.

Some Kuro owners and thier guests expereince uncontrollable drooling. Also the 150 hour break in is a rite of passage/initation for Kuro owners. More information can be found in Kuro settings and issues thread on the how to properly break in your Kuro.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts