AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I am in the process of selecting home theater seating for my new home. I am looking for some insight on whether anyone has any experience with the Seatcraft Equinox (from 4 seating). The specs are impressive on the Seatcraft, power recline, power lumbar and power headrest with dedicated memory button, has the sound shaker motors pre-installed with only the amp needed. The Pembroke from HTMarket have great reviews on the AVS forums with the only negatives being the brightness of the LED's on the cup holder and base. The price difference between the two is about $1700 with the extended warranty with the Pembroke being the more economical.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Greetings,
I am in the process of selecting home theater seating for my new home. I am looking for some insight on whether anyone has any experience with the Seatcraft Equinox (from 4 seating). The specs are impressive on the Seatcraft, power recline, power lumbar and power headrest with dedicated memory button, has the sound shaker motors pre-installed with only the amp needed. The Pembroke from HTMarket have great reviews on the AVS forums with the only negatives being the brightness of the LED's on the cup holder and base. The price difference between the two is about $1700 with the extended warranty with the Pembroke being the more economical.
I have the equinox seats and got them from 4seating. I love the seats. The seats are Very comfortable and I am 6’5”. I had a great experience with 4seating. I highly recommend them. I also recommend the SoundShakers that come with seat- u just need to buy their amp.

·
Registered
13 Posts
One more thing is the equinox seats have the blue led lights too. U have two choices disconnect the light or get lightdims. The lightdims is tape that u place over the blue light. it will dim the light to allow u to watch movie. I used two layers of lightdims to dim the light.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more thing is the equinox seats have the blue led lights too. U have two choices disconnect the light or get lightdims. The lightdims is tape that u place over the blue light. it will dim the light to allow u to watch movie. I used two layers of lightdims to dim the light.
Thanks for the input, I realize the question I am about to ask is subjective however would you describe the chairs as soft, firm or somewhere in the middle. I have sat in a few chairs but have will not be able to sit in either of the two models I am considering prior to purchase. I know someone who purchased a set of chairs at a local box store that are great...for about 30 minutes, followed by shifting for remainder of the movie to stay comfortable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the input, I realize the question I am about to ask is subjective however would you describe the chairs as soft, firm or somewhere in the middle. I have sat in a few chairs but have will not be able to sit in either of the two models I am considering prior to purchase. I know someone who purchased a set of chairs at a local box store that are great...for about 30 minutes, followed by shifting for remainder of the movie to stay comfortable.
I find the chairs to be medium to
-firm. I can seat in them for hours and not get fidgety. My sons hang in there for hours playing Xbox. I don’t think u can wrong. There was someone else who got these seats on forum - do a search using equinox. His review is below

new chairs arrived !! Here are my thoughts on the new Seatcraft chairs.

AWESOME! I honestly can say they are about perfect. Not as soft as my regular couch but so much softer than the Palliser. Has a memory gel top layer I believe. Memory feature is a must with powered head rest and back IMO. Such a simple feature to add I cant figure out why everyone isn't using it. Single joystick to adjust all of the settings is also VERY nice to have. Palliser drove me crazy trying to find the right buttons. Plop down in chair, tap one button and it goes right to my sweet spot. Very nice. We opted for three separate chairs which I also recommend if you have the space. More arm room and lots more storage. Plus you can move the chairs apart a little to angle outside ones if you want. Only $100 more for the other two seats.

I wish I could put into words how these feel. I can say they are so much better than what they replaced. I can also say they dont leave me yearning for my pillow soft couch despite being a good bit firmer. Soon as I plop down into the chair it doesn't strike me as firm at all. Its really about perfect as far as firm/soft goes. Legs are plenty long and the back is plenty high for my 6 2' frame. Power Lumbar is nice too.

I would give these a 9 out of 10 rating and I am very picky. I would be very surprised if anyone that bought these said they didn't love them. I was really worried about it after my last purchase. I rolled the dice one more time after having 3-4 employees go out and sit in a bunch of chairs while on the phone with me so I could compare. Have to say 4 seating was super easy to deal with and exchange was very simple with no fees.

I'm a very happy camper now.

·
Vendor
1,715 Posts
Greetings,
You might take a ride down to our showroom for HT design.

We have them here in Chicago. Pembrokes are great seats you could retrofit bass shakers in them easily.

Regards,
Alan

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I am in the process of selecting home theater seating for my new home. Seatcraft Equinox or Pembroke.
Did you make a purchase? What was your final decision and are you happy?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I chose the Seatcraft Equinox due to the reviews and creature comforts. They have recline, lumbar, head power adjustment's and built in sound shakers. I preferred the stitched look as well. I included a few pictures of the chairs in my theater room as when I was looking it was difficult to find any information on them, if you have additional questions let me know.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Thanks for the answer. Yes, I have lots of questions. But some of them pertain to your home theater as well. I will send you a PM.

·
Vendor
1,715 Posts
Give us a call, we can be competitive on value. We can help with Pembroke, you might check Sheffield also. Most people don't require a power lumbar feature as it adds to price and you can add bass shakers aftermarket for less than including them. If you check ht design thread many positive reviews on the Pembroke. It's got a different headrest that moves in and up. It is better than just a move in type power headrest.

We will be launching though a loaded up chair called HT Design Essex in future with power lumbar feature, power recline, power headrest, top grain leather and led dimming and 7 led colors. It's going to have everything but it's going to over 1k per chair retail, coming this summer. It will have everything but it's mainly for those who don't care about budget at all which is about 5% of the market. The power lumbar is fine but it benefits people most with bad lower back. All of the HT design chairs have great lumbar support built in but not adjustable like an air bladder lumbar that we add into this new chair.

Regards,
Alan

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Alan, thanks for the post. I would love to speak to you personally sometime regarding your product. I have currently been communicating with Tom through email, and still have a couple of concerns that we are working through regarding the Pembroke and configuration layouts that are available. I am still leaning toward this product line mainly due to customer feedback and your willingness to possibly get what I want.

Thanks, Don

·
Vendor
1,715 Posts
Alan, thanks for the post. I would love to speak to you personally sometime regarding your product. I have currently been communicating with Tom through email, and still have a couple of concerns that we are working through regarding the Pembroke and configuration layouts that are available. I am still leaning toward this product line mainly due to customer feedback and your willingness to possibly get what I want.

Thanks, Don
I would love to talk to you.

I am out out of town this week. I can call you though at some point.

Email me your phone number at sales “at” htmarket “dot” com

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your room looks great! I am learning towards the Equinox as well but am wondering about the stiffness that a few people had complained about. What are your thoughts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.