AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
doesn't look too bad - it is large though. Does SVS allow for auditions any other way other than buy/ship/return?

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Actually it sounds pretty good.
Sure it does, thats a SVS your listening to Br ;)
Quote:
Now we just need some movies scenes.
I have a few Ideas! :eek:

·
Registered
2,571 Posts

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Quote:
You got ripped-off - it sounds *exactly* like the crummy little speakers in my laptop...
:D :D :D :D :D Sorry Billybob, maybe I should recalibrate? :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ok Ive seen what i need to see. The tube will be way too large for my space - SO back to HSU- though SVS side, should I start looking at the 10, or the 12?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjo898
Ok Ive seen what i need to see. The tube will be way too large for my space - SO back to HSU- though SVS side, should I start looking at the 10, or the 12?
Well, this was posted in another thread......

Here are Ed's reviews of both subs, same conditions.

HSU STF-2 10% THD Ground Plane 2 Meters (add 6 dB to obtain 1 meter values):

20 Hz: 74.7 dB

22 Hz: 80.9 dB

25 Hz: 91.7 dB

32 Hz: 99.5 dB

40 Hz: 98.8 dB

50 Hz: 104.8 dB

63 Hz: 106.9 dB

80 Hz: 104.7 dB

20-80 Hz: Average 95.3 dB; Output Linearity 89%

22-80 Hz: Average 98.2 dB; Output Linearity 92%

25-80 Hz: Average 101.1 dB; Output Linearity 95%

SVS PB10-ISD 10% THD Values (Ground Plane 2 Meters):

20 Hz: 93.9 dB (8.0 % - amplifier limited)

22 Hz: 96.9 dB (2.7 % - amplifier limited)

25 Hz: 102.2 dB

32 Hz: 104.1 dB

40 Hz: 105.8 dB

50 Hz: 106.7 dB

63 Hz: 105.7 dB

80 Hz: 104.0 dB

20-80 Hz: Average 102.4 dB; Bandwidth Linearity 96%

22-80 Hz: Average 103.6 dB; Bandwidth Linearity 97%

25-80 Hz: Average 104.8 dB; Bandwidth Linearity 98%

The PB10 certainly has quite a performance advantage below 50Hz or so.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That is understandable - But i'm actually looking at the vtf-2 mk2 Looking for values right now...

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I think the VTF 2 Mk2 is essentially equivalent to the STF-2 in max extension mode (25 hz tune). The 50 watt difference in the amps isn't very significant to the overall output.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
How come you've got so many units of SVS at your disposal?
Their actually options I have ran in the past except for the dual PB12-Ultra's out in the main and the 22 Hz tuned PCi in the den. I have boughten and sold other subs from other companies also. It's my intention to stick with the dual Ultra's until they (SVS) come up with another option that I find to enticing to pass up, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. It's a hard act to follow!
Quote:
That is understandable - But i'm actually looking at the vtf-2 mk2 Looking for values right now...
Are you looking for the best value or cheapest sub? Theres only a $30 difference in cost between the STF-2 and the PB10-ISD. Imo the numbers bare out the best value here hands down, but your most definitely entitled to your own view.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn
Their actually options I have ran in the past except for the dual PB12-Ultra's out in the main and the 22 Hz tuned PCi in the den. I have boughten and sold other subs from other companies also. It's my intention to stick with the dual Ultra's until they (SVS) come up with another option that I find to enticing to pass up, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. It's a hard act to follow!
Easy answer to this, just go with two UFW-12's and two VTF-3HO, for four subs.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Easy answer to this, just go with two UFW-12's and two VTF-3HO, for four subs.
To think the answer has been under my nose the whole time. ;) Considering both subs haven't made their debu yet, maybe I better hold off for now.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
But wait! Next year there is a really cool, super secret sub from Vaporwarez that is going to be MUCH better than anything coming out this year...

But wait! Two years from now the MOST fantastic sub ever conceived WILL finally be conceived by Dr. Rontommarkbruce...

But wait! Three years from now...

;)

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Quote:
But wait! Three years from now...
Should we discuss what SVS will be coming out with in three years from now?:) Na! I really have no idea, but I do know TomV is cooking though.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.