AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to choose a receiver that's portable so I can listen in my car or in the house. Also, the receiver should be able to play Sirius and xm. I have been confused because some of the receivers have a brand name so I thought you might now be able to listen to xm on a brand called Sirius.

Any suggestions? Best buy seems to have a system that is permanently installed in the car and then there was a docking station for home. Where is the antenna at home?

Please forgive any stupid questions. I'm learning. Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
 http://lmgtfy.com/?q=portable+xm+radio+with+home+dock

All signs are that Sirius is going away and XM will be the only receiver that works. I'd go that way. I have an XM Roady2 that works in both locations. In the car, the Roady broadcasts on an FM freq and can be heard on the car radio. There is also a cassette adapter if you happen to have an older radio. You have to run a separate antenna for the car and the house. Home antenna needs exposure to the sky (south I think ?). I ran mine out a window and around the corner of the house and attached it to my siding/roof.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is extremely helpful. What are your thoughts on the ipod touch as the receiver? I have one and learned I can get sattelite thru it then heard the stations are limited.

·
Registered
292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamjr8 /forum/post/19657111

this is extremely helpful. What are your thoughts on the ipod touch as the receiver? I have one and learned I can get sattelite thru it then heard the stations are limited.

You won't be able to use the iPod Touch in your car since the app requires a wifi connection to stream.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You could use an iPod Touch with a SkyDock.

The interface is really nice.

Something to consider:

Would you normally undock it and then redock it -everytime- you get in/out of the car (to keep it out of the sun when not in use and to keep your car from being broken into)?

·
Registered
151 Posts
do you have an Iphone?

I think I am going to get rid of 1 of my radios and just use the Iphone. I already use it in my office everyday. Now I'll just plug it into the Aux port on my car and use that from now on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.