Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am assigning myself a new project. My mother owns a dance studio. In the dance studio they do a lot of dance choreography (not sure if that is spelled correctly but anyhow). This involves a lot of cutting of music etc. So this is the project

Build a component looking music server, tht will integrate nicely into the dance studios' stereo system. So I would welcome any and all suggestions.

I am especially interested in a nice looking case (black) that doesn't so much look like a computer case.

A sound card that will output great sound to the receiver????

Software that will greatly simplify the conversion from CD to all digital. 300-500 cd's. This is very important!!!

Anything else that you can think of that would be a must have for this setup.

For music editing I am going to be using "Polderbits", very easy music editing software. I will use winxp pro. Speed of processor and ram won't be such an issue, as something like this won't really need anything to extravagent.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm sure others will chime in, but just to get you started:

* Case - take a look at black SilverStone cases or a black CoolerMaster Cavalier 2 (Cavalier 2 has a nifty analog sound meter on the front bezel which would fit nicely with your audio component motif)

* Sound Card - any of the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy cards would do the trick. There are a few different series, so take a look and compare the features.

* CD Ripping Software - there are a bunch out there, some of the more popular ones are CDex, Audiograbber and dbPoweramp, etc. Simple is kind of subjective depending on the user, but I use CDex and Audiograbber and I find them easy enough to use.

Like I said I'm sure others can provide additional options, but at least you can start researching.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Slothrop

* CD Ripping Software - there are a bunch out there, some of the more popular ones are CDex, Audiograbber and dbPoweramp, etc. Simple is kind of subjective depending on the user, but I use CDex and Audiograbber and I find them easy enough to use.
Don't forget about EAC (Exact Audio Copy). Highly recommended software for audio extraction.

-- Jeff

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have used DBPowerAmp a lot. I have used EAC on a limited basis. I really like

dbpoweramp but when I rip a song off it, I have to go back and change the name of the song from track 1 to it's real name. So with 300-500 cd's pending, I was wondering if there was any other software out there that could ease my pain????

Thanks for taking the time to help me out

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, EAC is good. I don't use it but I know people who do and they like it.

Many of these apps have the functionality to connect and download tag info, including song title, from the CDDB. Assuming, of course, the machine you are using to rip is connected to the Internet. This will give you your song titles, but you need to review the info coming from the CDDB for accuracy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.