AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, just some info about the room. First of all, it is really big. It is 23x22 with openings to a hallway, kitchen, office and backyard. The wall on the left side of the picture has a huge window. There is a crawlspace as well as an attic. One thing I forgot to put on the picture, is the center channel, which is above the tv.

The front L/R and Center are BIC America Formula FH6-LCR. The Sub, which is behind the TV is a BIC F12. The surrounds are Energy CB-5's. The AVR is a Denon 591. A 5.1 setup in room this size with so many doorways and openings is tough. The room used to be two rooms and the previous owner knocked the wall down to make it one big room, which is awesome and beautiful! The is just this one downfall.

So, where should I attempt to put my surrounds? I think mounting them with adjustable ball and joint mounts would be best. That way I can point them towards the listening area. Also, can anyone recommend wall mounts that will work with the Energy CB-5's.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I'd go with floor stands and flank your couch with them. Not right next to it though...Maybe a few feet of on each side.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.