AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have an older pair of 601 bose for the mains and bose for the center and rear. while they sound good. iwant some thing better. only problem where i live there is only circuit city and one othe retailer. not much to select from..the room they will be in is about 12 x 12 . i would like to stay under 1000 . i live in an apartment so i cant have the bass i really want . any suggestions

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can get the JBL S-38II for $299 a pair and the S-CenterII for $169 from jandrmusic.com

I dont know if you plan on using a Sub or not but these speakers have pretty good bass for a bookshelf and they get good reviews.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My room size is 7 m * by 2. 5m and the area which the 5.1 channel speakers is going to be placed is a area of 3.5 by 2.5 m

I am currently building a HTPC and thinking of outputting sound via a p4pe board via either digital coaxial or optical output

I was told that maybe I can just made do with a Creative DTS 5700 with a built in decoder

1) Is the coverage fine (given the room area )with the DTS 5700 or any other PC speakers . I was told that the built in decoder is essentailly the

same as a AV receiever .

i) and the current arising from a stand-alone AV receiver would not give much incremental listening clarity in such as small room

THANKS

·
Registered
41 Posts
faithfoo

You'll probably get more or better replies if you post this in the HTPC section. Sorry I cant help you cuz I know nothing about HTPC and I'm not even good with the metric system so I dont know how big your room is.

Good luck.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Why not buy online? What is your reciever?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
There are a number of Internet direct speaker companies that would meet your needs. Aperion, Ascend Acoustics, Axiom, HTD, Norh, Rockets by Onix, and others. Most all Internet direct companies have a 30 days in your own home trial policy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.