AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here goes - I need to add more storage to my home network. I don't want to add more drives to my HTPC (ahanix case) or my Dell SC400 desktop. I would much rather have all the storage in one place.

Well I thought the solution was a Buffalo Terastaion Pro 2TB. I easliy filled it up running Raid 5 and now need more storage. I thought the solution would be to purchase and install another TS but with the luck that I have had with it I am not sure I will invest any more money in this company's products (3 drives in 6 weeks have failed).

I think the best solution would be a case that looks similiar to a amp or HTPC case that you could 8 - 10 drives and run it as a NAS. I haven't had any luck finding a case that looks like this for this purpose.

Basicall I would rather build a new htpc just for storage. I guess as a last resort I could goe with any old looking case and put it in the closet away from the rest of equipment.

What is your suggestion?

·
Registered
5,324 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds pretty good. Guess I need to send a few emails to the product group guys at my company and find out what is on the road map. Just maybe we will have something coming out soon.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
and what company might that be?

- Josh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.