AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for something in the $2500 or less area, but perhaps i will have to wait a few months for prices to fall. What i want is a dlp (2nd generation 12 degree chip) with 4x or greater colorwheel, and xga or wxga resolution. 16:9 native, with hdcp compliant dvi port ( i know this feature may be the killer) If not in this price range, which models should I be looking for a price drop on? Ive seen several svga's with fast colorwheels, and even xgas with 2x wheels, when will these be combined? I may end up with a 300u until my perfect machine comes out. Pouring the foundation for my theater room today, so i have a couple months or so until im buying at least. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I've been doing a lot of research myself, and I don't think any of the 2nd gen DLPs are less than around 8K or so. I am thinking of going with a 300U or HS10 myself, and live with that for a few years before thinking about an upgrade.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
You mention 16:9 native and XGA (1024x768) but those are mutually exclusive. If you can be satisfied with a 16:9 mode (1024x576) then the NEC HT1000 is the best match for your requirements. But it's currently sells for $4K+. The Optoma H56 is a similar projector that is a bit cheaper but it isn't HDCP compliant.

-Dylan

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Doesn't the Sharp Z90 or Sharp DT-200 use a 12 degree chip? Unfortunately, it's 800x600, but can be had for around $2500 US and has a 5x color wheel. Hmm, not sure if it has DVI.

It's probably the only one with a 5x wheel at that pricepoint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.