AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for something in the $2500 or less area, but perhaps i will have to wait a few months for prices to fall. What i want is a dlp (2nd generation 12 degree chip) with 4x or greater colorwheel, and xga or wxga resolution. 16:9 native, with hdcp compliant dvi port ( i know this feature may be the killer) If not in this price range, which models should I be looking for a price drop on? Ive seen several svga's with fast colorwheels, and even xgas with 2x wheels, when will these be combined? I may end up with a 300u until my perfect machine comes out. Pouring the foundation for my theater room today, so i have a couple months or so until im buying at least. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I've been doing a lot of research myself, and I don't think any of the 2nd gen DLPs are less than around 8K or so. I am thinking of going with a 300U or HS10 myself, and live with that for a few years before thinking about an upgrade.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have been searching for this same projector myself. The closest you will come is the nec lt240 or the dell mp2300. The sharp 20x is close but the fan noise issue is a deal killer for me.

·
Registered
695 Posts
You mention 16:9 native and XGA (1024x768) but those are mutually exclusive. If you can be satisfied with a 16:9 mode (1024x576) then the NEC HT1000 is the best match for your requirements. But it's currently sells for $4K+. The Optoma H56 is a similar projector that is a bit cheaper but it isn't HDCP compliant.

-Dylan

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Doesn't the Sharp Z90 or Sharp DT-200 use a 12 degree chip? Unfortunately, it's 800x600, but can be had for around $2500 US and has a 5x color wheel. Hmm, not sure if it has DVI.

It's probably the only one with a 5x wheel at that pricepoint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.