AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I finally got around to mounting my Optoma HD70 and Carada 100" BW screen (fantastic by the way!). Since I live in a condo (2nd floor) routing the cables through the ceiling/wall isn't really a desireable option (or maybe even a possible one!).

Here are some pictures of the projector with wires dangling for now. The wires need to run along the ceiling then to the corner down to the rack...

what is my best option to route/mount/minimize the visual-ness of the cables?

Messy room - but screen is up!

·
Registered
342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb /forum/post/0

http://www.wiremold.com/www/consumer...view/index.asp

I used one and they're nice.

Scott

Yep, was going to suggest something like that. From the PJ to the wall I would recommend getting some white wire loom to minimize the look of the wire, then using the molding to run the wires to the receiver.

http://www.wiringproducts.com/?targe...FR6UYAod9QteEg

Great looking screen wall, BTW.

Edit: I don't think that you need the loom after all...If you just run the wires up the PJ mount to the ceiling, then use the molding from there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Ill take a look at the molds and looms...the HDMI cables are THICK.

What about running the power cable? It would be run almost in parallel with the hdmi/component....or is that not a problem if I run the power and video in separate molds??

·
Registered
342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omesh /forum/post/0

Thanks guys! Ill take a look at the molds and looms...the HDMI cables are THICK.

What about running the power cable? It would be run almost in parallel with the hdmi/component....or is that not a problem if I run the power and video in separate molds??

It's worth a try, I know it's not recommended around here to run power and A/V cables together, but I would try it and use your judgement...If you see any "interference", move the power cord. My gut is telling me that it's not going to be a problem...look at most rats nests behind tv's...It's a tangled mess, power cords crossing with A/V wires and there is not a problem with the picture. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I don't see it on their site.

It's called "Flat screen TV cord cover"

It's about 3.5" wide and has two seperat pieces. Maybe give them a call or check for dealers in your area.

I found it at my local True Value Hardware store.

Scott

·
Registered
571 Posts
Home Depot sales it as well. You can find in the isle where the electrical plugs and whatnot are found.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
The HDMI cable uses balanced signalling, so it's not very sensitive to power wiring. The component cable, however, is not balanced, and should be kept as far away from power as you can.

Perhaps you can run power out one end to one wall, and signal out the other to the other wall?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.