AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys quick question, ill be purchasing a blu ray soon.sounds real stupid but fig. i would ask.

i have a sony xbr2 46" fed by a sci. atlanta dvr hd box via hdmi cable. when i get a blue ray. can i run a short hdmi from the dvr to blue ray vice versa to the tv? or do i have to run 2 seperate hdmi cables directly from each unit to the tv.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crod1 /forum/post/12876577

hey guys quick question, ill be purchasing a blu ray soon.sounds real stupid but fig. i would ask.

i have a sony xbr2 46" fed by a sci. atlanta dvr hd box via hdmi cable. when i get a blue ray. can i run a short hdmi from the dvr to blue ray vice versa to the tv? or do i have to run 2 seperate hdmi cables directly from each unit to the tv.

thanks.

2 seperate cables.

But you can also use component cables for your cable box and not lose out on any audio/video quality. HDMI is the way to go for BR though.

No DVR or BR player to date has an HDMI input port, and it's highly unlikely you will ever see one. and even if one was made, it's almost always best to have a direct line from source to display for video.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts