AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
living in a dorm, I need to save as much space as possible so a dedicated 5.1 system wont work. However I recently purchased a set of logiech z2300 (awsome speakers btw) and it comes w/ a spliter to connect to a video game counsel using the red and white rca. So what I want to do is use that on my hd dvd player, but I am using HDMI for that, so I can always throw the HDMI and use component cables, but i was hoping there was a way to connect rcas for sound and the hdmi for the pic. Can it be done? any other ideas? thanks alot.

·
Registered
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T61 /forum/post/14255247

living in a dorm, I need to save as much space as possible so a dedicated 5.1 system wont work. However I recently purchased a set of logiech z2300 (awsome speakers btw) and it comes w/ a spliter to connect to a video game counsel using the red and white rca. So what I want to do is use that on my hd dvd player, but I am using HDMI for that, so I can always throw the HDMI and use component cables, but i was hoping there was a way to connect rcas for sound and the hdmi for the pic. Can it be done? any other ideas? thanks alot.

Well, does your player have RCA audio outputs or not?

·
Registered
64 Posts
The yellow, green and blue are video outputs (should be red, green and blue - component video). The red and white would be your RCA audio. Did you try hooking them up like you said and seeing what happens?

·
Registered
273 Posts
This might sound silly, but I assure you it is not. Your HDMI output goes to a TV, right? The TV probably has RCA analog audio output jacks that you can hook up to your Logitech speakers.

If not, try hooking the Logtech speakers directly to the Left/Right 2-channel audio output on the DVD player itself. Some output a signal via HDMI and analog output at the same time, some don't, and some require menu settings changes to do either.

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts