AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I looked around this forum some and you guys have some awesome setups. Mine will be a pretty plain one to most.

Will you help me with screen size and layout?

This house will likely be sold in a year, I would like to be on the build a house and sell it every two years till I can afford one plan. This is my first house I built and most likely the HT system will go with it so I don't want to drop alot of coin. I am planning on a mitsubishi hd100u ($1000) reusing a set of paradyme atoms for the surrounds and a 12 inch powered sub.

How big is to big for the screen, the room is 20x20 seating distance will be about 17 feet. Is a 132 (115 wide 65 tall)inch screen to big?

Where would you place the speakers? I am guessing the center right below the screen in the middle, would you put the left and right speakers above the windows or inside of the windows? The ceiling is ten feet at the peak and the distance between the windows is 140 inches.

Finally what height would you want the bottom of the screen? I would like to try and sneak a ceiling fan in the room.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.