AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm new to this forum, and new to HDTV, rear projection, and just about everything else. I'll apologize in advance for my ignorance and my possibly stupid questions.

My problem is that I am overly anal about researching an electronics purchase, especially when I don't know exactly what to look for. The world of rear projection is too complicated for me at this time, but I need to buy a new television as my 27" Panasonic is now humming quite loudly.

Sorry, I'm rambling...

I have looked at three possible picks, but cannot decide which (if any) to buy:

1. Hitachi 46F500 (don't want the W500 as I don't need the DVD player)

2. Mitsubishi WT-42313

3. Sony KP-46WT510 (the 500 was no good, right?)

As you can see, I need a set for under $2000 and not too big as my new home does not have a large TV room.

PLEASE offer opinions on which of these, or any others, I should consider. I think that I am developing a tumor from web surfing, and I still can't decide!!!

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Bill

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would go with the mits model, but I would consider the wt-42413, rather than the 42313. It will give you a better picture overall since it has the quadfield focus. And you should be able to keep the price to about $2K.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sears has the 48413 for 2K now, I picked one up over the weekend when the additional 10% off using the Sears card was still in effect...but I don't get it for a couple weeks yet (could have gotten it sooner, but I need time to make ready for it...)

S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.