AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all. My wife is starting to get tired of seeing them. I'm trying to finds a scale down replacement for them. She likes the BMW 501...more her style....Oh Boy. The Aerial 7b/c3/sr3 are in our hometheater room for movies. Sign... help me.

·
Registered
11,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound /forum/post/18204857

The title says it all. My wife is starting to get tired of seeing them. I'm trying to finds a scale down replacement for them. She likes the BMW 501...more her style....Oh Boy. The Aerial 7b/c3/sr3 are in our hometheater room for movies. Sign... help me.

Just tell her you can't, because it would render your screen-name inaccurate.

CD

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ice and CD...I love your comments. After 25 years of marriage....it has come down to wife or my Aerials. For some it is an easy choice. I have to live with her....

·
Registered
152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound /forum/post/18205157

Ice and CD...I love your comments. After 25 years of marriage....it has come down to wife or my Aerials. For some it is an easy choice. I have to live with her....

Sounds like an issue more for a couple's counselor than the avs forum. I'm hoping this is a joke post.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Tell her you are tired of seeing her big diamond ring and are ready for something smaller on her finger

·
Registered
2,674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound /forum/post/18204857

Why don't you buy an acoustically transparent screen, build a false wall with grill cloth, and put your preferred speakers behind there?

You keep your favorite speakers, your wife doesn't have to look at them, it's a win-win situation.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Eckhardt /forum/post/18205411

Why don't you buy an acoustically transparent screen, build a false wall with grill cloth, and put your preferred speakers behind there?

You keep your favorite speakers, your wife doesn't have to look at them, it's a win-win situation.

Now that is the best response thus far. Although the room is only 18 x 13. Speakers on the 13 ' wall.

Unfortunately, I am NOT joking.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The only real suggestions I have are offering a trade (you can get a vacation in Cabo if I keep my speakers) or convincing her that it would be too expensive to change them out (maybe say the weight will make to too hard to ship if you sell, etc.).

The 7Bs are really not that big.

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound /forum/post/18205590

Now that is the best response thus far. Although the room is only 18 x 13. Speakers on the 13 ' wall.

Unfortunately, I am NOT joking.

Can you rotate the room, placing the screen on the 13' end using a false wall? Build the false wall 2' off the back wall. This will hide the speakers, tie the sound to the screen better and you might be able to hide a sub or two back there.

Is this a dedicated HT room?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Tell her she has to sell half of her shoes, because you're tired of seeing them around the house.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg100 /forum/post/18205687

Can you rotate the room, placing the screen on the 13' end using a false wall? Build the false wall 2' off the back wall. This will hide the speakers, tie the sound to the screen better and you might be able to hide a sub or two back there.

Is this a dedicated HT room?

Good idea. Yes it is a dedicated room. The false wall will steal about 2-3 feet from the room. She might have an issue with that but worth a shot. I need few more options before I get into another discussion.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam /forum/post/18205775

Tell her she has to sell half of her shoes, because you're tired of seeing them around the house.

That could pour a boatload of gasoline on this topic. The next sound will be an explosion. I won't even get another word out.....

·
Registered
192 Posts
It sounds pretty ridiculous to complain about speakers like that in a dedicated room, and a false wall seems pretty drastic. The key is to come up with 5 or 6 alternatives that all sound worse than keeping the Aerial. The new speakers will cost more, we could build a false wall, I could get smaller speakers but they would need bigger subs, etc.

·
Registered
752 Posts
What are the BMW 501's? Looked like a car when I googled for it haha. Do you mean B&W? If she likes B&W, what about the B&W 803/804?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts