AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have to bring a big decision.

So I have a not so big room (about 20m2). I bought a Panasonic P42V20. And now, I would like to buy the audio system for it. As a speaker system, I think, I will buy a Jamo S606 HCS3 + a Jamo SUB 250 (because these have a very good price (about 480Euro + 250Euro), and the sound is OK as well). So it's only a 5.1 system. (And I don't know yet, how I will arrange it in my room.
)

The question is the amplifier. I would like to buy an Onkyo (I like its sound). The new SR608 has a very good price (about 460Euro). But for example it hasn't got a network feature, which would be important for me, because I would like to stream the audio with this, not with my Popcorn A-200. So I started to think about the NR808. Then I saw a advert about a used NR1007. And it's only 820Euro (a new 808 is ~1000Euro).

Is it worth the price? Or is it too big for me, and should I stay with the SR608? I think, there's a very big step in features, and sound quality also between the 608 and 1007.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi Hodrob, I would go with the 1007 since it has 9.2 instead of 7.2. Having front wide and high speakers is awesome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well... Thanks for everybody! I bought it.
Unfortunately, it's connected now only to my old stereo speaker set. I'm just collecting my last cents to buy a 5.1 set for starting.
Then I will expand it, when my pocket will think so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.