Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I was told to come by this forum for the help I needed. I searched before posting, but was unable to find info based on my idea. First, I'm 25 and this is our first house. We have been in a year and plan on maybe 6-8 more depending on how large our family gets. I have a MIT-55511 with Rocket 750/200/250 +SVS in the living room. Now all major projects are complete I can dink around down in the basement. I'm now thinking FP and nice system for the basement, but wondering if I will be able to get very good sound (thinking of upgrading to either JM Labs, Onix Ref, or Dynaudio Contour) that would justify new speaker purchase.

The room is 14'x24' and three walls will be the embossed brick concrete walls. The other will be insulated and drywall. We plan on berber carpet for nearly all of the floor, but at the bottom of the staris I'm thinking of putting a cork or tile floor for when we have muddy kids just at the bottom of the stairs. There will probably be some sort of sectional couch and a small bar in very back corner (no plumbing though). We want to go with an industrial look in which the ceiling is painted showing all exposed wires and such. The duct work is terrible in our house in that it goes everywhere and the guys must have been loaded when laying it out. I don't want to move all this around to allow for drop ceiling (that and putting a drop in will make the room really small.

What types of acoustic treatment would you suggest? The wife is ok with wall treatment as I've run that by her already. Do I have options other than the foam w/ ridges and such?? Any panels I could have her wrp in a fabric she likes to add "character" to the room? Just wondering if it is worth the money to put a nice theater in such a "live" room. Just that when I have the 2yr old sleeping upstairs, the current system will wake them for sure where it is at. Would like to get a place where the wife and I can watch films and retreat.

Thanks,

SC

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.