AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, when it comes to HT, I know my stuff.

Total noob with nav. Long story short...

My parents are moving tomorrow and I want to get them a GPS unit for Christmas. I have a $200 limit because of the family polyanna gifting rules. I have heard that Garmin is the best and most reliable brand but I have been researching and there are SO MANY lines and models to choose from it's really bewildering.

I was hoping somebody could suggest a really solid sub $200 unit for non-technophiles with hearing problems. Newegg has some discounts right now but I really don't know the awesome deals from the mediocre ones.

HELP?

·
Registered
930 Posts
I don't know anything about these but I've been thinking about getting one. I seem to like the Garmin nuvi 13ooLM. The few reviews I've found are all good and it has lifetime map updates and can be found for a great price.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I run 2 garmins in my house and love them. My first I got as a gift from my wife a couple of years ago. The nuvi 780. I bought her the Nuvi785T I believe this year. Get on slickdeals.net or dealnews.com and just watch for sales in your budget. Seriously though my best guess would be that a Garmin or Tom Tom will suit there needs.

If you get a garmin, look for the LT, LM or LTM. L=lifetime M=maps T=Traffic.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd like to thank everybody for their input. I ended up getting a Garmin 255W. Doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles....my parents needed the least complicated device possible. Plus, newegg had a sale for $120 for the unit plus the accessories pack. Thought it seemed reasonable.

Interesting sidenote....parents moved....hated new place instantly....now moving back....probably won't need the GPS now anyway!!! ARRRGH.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.