AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking and this seems to be the best

Panasonic PT-AX200U

at first a local shop said they could get me a runco 610 Lt for 1200 so i was def gunna do that and they never did. sooooo i had to start looking myself.

its gunna be in a large room like 25 by 15 projecting onto a white wall.

currently i have a infocus in24. im realy looking to upgrade.

so bassicaly i have a definate 25ft throw distance and ambiant light problem.

with a 1.2k budget

what would yall suggest

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
The AX200u is a good PJ to start with. You will get a lot of hours of enjoyment from it before you ever decide it's time to upgrade.

That Runco must have needed a new lamp. A new lamp for that will run you $700

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been looking at projectors for about 2 or 3 weeks,

this panasonic seems the best.

if anyone has a used projector i would be willing to look at it

the only thing i was doubtful on was projecting it 25 ft... will it still be realy clear?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now im stuck between

Panasonic PT-AX200U

and

optoma hd20

remember im projecting 25ft onto a white wall . the wall is plenty big and all of it is white so any screen size works.

seating is only 15ft away....

would the hd20 be better because there are more pixels and the little squares will be harder to see?

or im wandering is the hd for 1,000$ to good for the money

and a 720 such as the pany will be better quality

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkdogo2 /forum/post/16980343

now im stuck between

Panasonic PT-AX200U

and

optoma hd20

remember im projecting 25ft onto a white wall . the wall is plenty big and all of it is white so any screen size works.

seating is only 15ft away....

would the hd20 be better because there are more pixels and the little squares will be harder to see?

or im wandering is the hd for 1,000$ to good for the money

and a 720 such as the pany will be better quality

1080 will always look better than 720, not so much on flat panels and rear projection tvs. but when you start talking about 100" and up. why would you not go to 1080. the difference will much grander. and if you get the 720 then you know you will always wonder if you should have gotten the 1080. (more line = better pic)

·
Registered
956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditch-digger /forum/post/16980672

1080 will always look better than 720

There was a shootout a couple of years ago that disproved this notion. The results were pretty suprising - factors like contrast and color saturation seemed to be more imporant. Sure, all things being equal you'd rather have 1080 than 720, but you're working at the limits of detail both in the actual source and the eye's ability to resolve it.

Anyway, to the original question - if you're looking at a 25' throw, that is a VERY long throw. Most projectors, especially on the low end which is what you're looking at, have a shorter throw and at that distance can't produce a 100" image. For example, the Panasonic PT-AX200 at its smallest zoom at 25' will throw about a 122" image. (According to projector central's PT-AX200 calculator .) The less expensive 1080p projectors out right now like the Optoma HD20 will be even worse in that respect.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
The HD20 won't work from 25 feet, but by the end of September expect 1080p LCDs like the Epson 6100 to be close to the $1000 price point in order to compete. At the very least the ax200 price will have to drop a lot. It can't stay the same price as a 1080p projector.

·
Banned
1,899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkdogo2 /forum/post/16978360

ive been looking and this seems to be the best

Panasonic PT-AX200U

at first a local shop said they could get me a runco 610 Lt for 1200 so i was def gunna do that and they never did. sooooo i had to start looking myself.

its gunna be in a large room like 25 by 15 projecting onto a white wall.

currently i have a infocus in24. im realy looking to upgrade.

so bassicaly i have a definate 25ft throw distance and ambiant light problem.

with a 1.2k budget

what would yall suggest

I would spend the money on redoing your room first.How high are your ceilings.You really need to research these fp so they will work with your room.Most of the cheap DLP's have no lens shift and they have a offset pic.It would be best to shoot about 12 to 15ft.The ax200 is a good fp and has a great pic.Plus it can do the 25ft but really should be place closer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.