·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Reactions: d-rail34

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
how do i do it?
I posted the exact link for him in his "monolith" thread and he's obviously refusing any sort of proper guidance/instruction. Even the suggestion to educate himself on "how to set up your sub so that you will get the best performance/experience out of it" (direct quote from one my posts) was apparently ignored as well.

It seems that he's more concerned with aesthetics over performance, and putting in the effort to learn how it's supposed to work isn't even being factored into his thinking.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I posted the exact link for him in his "monolith" thread and he's obviously refusing any sort of proper guidance/instruction. Even the suggestion to educate himself on "how to set up your sub so that you will get the best performance/experience out of it" (direct quote from one my posts) was apparently ignored as well.

It seems that he's more concerned with aesthetics over performance, and putting in the effort to learn how it's supposed to work isn't even being factored into his thinking.
Ah ok, well there is no magic pill if that what he is after...;)

Reactions: d-rail34

·
Registered
98 Posts
I need to know whether a ported sub is better than sealed sub

then I want to know what you think of following.

SVS SB-2000
SVS PB-2000 Pro 12" (ported) - $899
SVS SB-2000 Pro 12" (sealed) - $799

or monolith 10?

looks like ported is more expensive
Since SVS is nice enough to offer free return shipping if you would like to try their products, I ordered both the PB2000 pro and the SB2000 pro to see which one I liked. I was stepping my sub up a level prior sub was klipsch RW-12D. I was wondering if the PB2000 would be muddier for music. Anyway, IMHO the PB2000 blows away the SB2000 for everything and is well worth the extra $100. Just keep in the mind that the PB2000 is pretty huge and thus has a much lower WAF then the SB2000. My couch in the man cave is 8 feet from the PB2000 and the entire couch shakes during movies. And for music it is fine I do not sense any muddiness like my old klipsch.

Dennis

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Since SVS is nice enough to offer free return shipping if you would like to try their products
I would make an educated guess it's not free, it's built into the cost of the sub.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Usually the one labelled LFE bypasses the internal XO, and the other input uses it. Only use the lfe and let the Yamaha control it.
Not the case on the monolith sub, they are for taking the left/right pre out. The xo is bypassed with a switch on the plate. it's in his manual.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Hi I got my svs pb 1000. I ran the caliobration onthe yamaha receiver.

what else do i need to do?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts

Read the links provided to you on multiple occasions that you keep ignoring.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

What did YPAO set the sub level at after calibration?

Be sure to set all your speaker sizes to small and start with setting the crossover frequency to 80Hz for all of them.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts