AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have decided it is time to purchase a flat panel. I also want to get one that has a DVD player built in so here are the ones I am choosing from.

Insignia® - 26" 720p Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HDTV/DVD Combo

Sharp - 22" 720p Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HDTV/DVD Combo

Toshiba - 22" Class 720p Flat-Panel LCD HDTV/DVD Combo

22" RCA 720p LCD TV DVD Combo

RCA 26" Class LCD DVD Combo HDTV with Built-in Tuner, L26HD32D

I have heard bad things ab out Insignia products about how long they last. I have never had a sharp or toshiba product before but assume they are good brands. The sharp and toshiba seems to have all the same specs really. I am looking for quality over size as well. Circuit city has the same toshiba but it is the same price but a longer warranty. I really seem to want to stick with best buy or circuit city due to being able to get warranty repair quicker. I do not find many reviews on any of these TVS

Help me decide.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Of the ones you list, I'd go with the Toshiba or the Sharp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeletpants /forum/post/15524687

Do a search on those sets and you will find information. Good luck

You must have missed the part where I said I can not find much information on any of these TVs.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
^ LOL, true dat on the RCAs.

I know someone who had one of RCA's old CRT projection TVs. It was expensive as heck, and just simply awful in terms of picture quality.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemShock2 /forum/post/15525940

I know someone who had one of RCA's old CRT projection TVs. It was expensive as heck, and just simply awful in terms of picture quality.

that can be said for most of those old school SD rpcrt's....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/15525981

that can be said for most of those old school SD rpcrt's....

Sure, but I remember seeing Sonys of the time that were quite a lot better than my friend's RCA...

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm not sure what model numbers you are referring to above but if you are talking about the toshiba 22lv505 there are about 52 user reviews on amazon. I would go with the toshiba or sharp. I own 2 toshibas at the moment and i am very satisfied. Id stay away from the others you mentioned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyjoe /forum/post/15528804

I'm not sure what model numbers you are referring to above but if you are talking about the toshiba 22lv505 there are about 52 user reviews on amazon. I would go with the toshiba or sharp. I own 2 toshibas at the moment and i am very satisfied. Id stay away from the others you mentioned.

Went with the toshiba. Hopefully I will get my HD activated tomorrow. Woodyjoe that is the exact model I got.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts