AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted in the "help me choose an LCD" thread but wanted to get a bit of discussion

I have a gift card for sears, so something available online there is my only real requirement.

I'm replacing an old olevia 332H, and I am looking at these same size options

Sony BRAVIA® KDL32EX400 - $500

Samsung LN32C530F1FXZA - $540

LG 32LD450 - $450

The size is pretty good for where it is, my bedroom. But I think 40" would work, and seeing the not so large difference in price for the same/similar models, I think 40" might be the better way to go.

Here is what they have in larger models

Samsung LN40C500 - $500

LG 37LD450 - $530

Sony BRAVIA® KDL40EX400 - $550

Samsung LN40C530F1FXZA - $600

LG 42LD450 - $600

There are also some sharp and panasonic models, but I haven't looked too closely at those. For the ones I have listed, I'm not really sure how to choose one. I'll be connected through HDMI to cable and a PS3. I'll watch sports, movies, play video games. Nothing is standing out between the TVs to me, other than how they physically look. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to go check em out in person. Is your opinion of the Sony based on how they looked in person?

I am always skeptical though, the source is unknown and who knows how the settings are adjusted. Any time I've looked at TVs in best buy it seems very deceiving, some TVs randomly looking horrible while others look fine.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer202 /forum/post/19553650

Hmm, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to go check em out in person. Is your opinion of the Sony based on how they looked in person?

I am always skeptical though, the source is unknown and who knows how the settings are adjusted. Any time I've looked at TVs in best buy it seems very deceiving, some TVs randomly looking horrible while others look fine.

Yes, my wife was shopping and I looked at ALL of the TVs very closely.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, seeing the TVs in person didn't really help me make a decision lol.

Samsung LN40C530F1FXZA - $600

LG 42LD450 - $600

These are the 2 that sears has in stock online, which is where I want to buy. I'm nowhere closer to a decision lol

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer202 /forum/post/19564480

If anyone cares to know, I found a good deal on this set so I went with

Samsung Touch of Color Ultra Slim Class UN40C5000QFXZA 40-inch Television 1080p LED HDTV ENERGY STAR

I have some friends who just bought the same TV in a 46" size. Let us know how you like it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts