AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the un46d6900 from best buy the other week. I really like how the TV looks, but the picture is terrible. I constantly have to change settings when I change channels.

Anyways,

Could someone suggest the BEST 40-42" LED TVs for me? Price does not matter. I like the sleek look of samsung, but I want a better picture. 3D doesn't matter much to me and I dont play many video games.

Thanks!

Oh - and would it be better to wait. Are there newer TVs coming out soon that I should be aware of?

·
Registered
162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by un46d6900bb /forum/post/20893225

So I bought the un46d6900 from best buy the other week. I really like how the TV looks, but the picture is terrible. I constantly have to change settings when I change channels.

Anyways,

Could someone suggest the BEST 40-42" LED TVs for me? Price does not matter. I like the sleek look of samsung, but I want a better picture. 3D doesn't matter much to me and I dont play many video games.

Thanks!

Oh - and would it be better to wait. Are there newer TVs coming out soon that I should be aware of?

if you want lcd led dont buy edge led but fullled otherwise the pics will never gonna be excelent.

never know why people prefer a slim design instead image quality....

lcd edge led can have average/good image quality but never excelent quality so if you want a slim desing you will loose in image quality. exist in market many option far better than lcd edge led, you can choose normal lcd or lcd fullled or even plasma.

take a look here: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/category/reviews

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_sousa /forum/post/20893632

if you want lcd led dont buy edge led but fullled otherwise the pics will never gonna be excelent.

never know why people prefer a slim design instead image quality....

lcd edge led can have average/good image quality but never excelent quality so if you want a slim desing you will loose in image quality. exist in market many option far better than lcd edge led, you can choose normal lcd or lcd fullled or even plasma.

take a look here: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/category/reviews

Looks like a UK website to me. The model numbers are different than here in the good old USA. The refresh rates are also different.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by un46d6900bb /forum/post/20893225

Anyways,

Thanks!

What source devices do you have connected to the set? Are you on cable, satellite, or antenna? And if you're on cable or satellite did you get an HD box?

What I'm getting at is that if your primary complaint is that you have to change settings every time you change channels the problem may be source related and a new set won't fix it.

If you have a Blu Ray player connected and it consistently gives a good picture it's an indication that the fault may not be with the set.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have HD cable. Switched out the box. I've turned all the AMP and crap off and followed others setting in the forum. The picture to me still looks laggy, like the processor is behind. Also there are color issues with bright objects that arent moving appearing to flutter or shake.

Either way, I need a smaller TV I think and something with better quality. But, im having a hard time finding a high end 40-42" TV.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by un46d6900bb /forum/post/20893854

I have HD cable. Switched out the box. I've turned all the AMP and crap off and followed others setting in the forum. The picture to me still looks laggy, like the processor is behind. Also there are color issues with bright objects that arent moving appearing to flutter or shake.

Either way, I need a smaller TV I think and something with better quality. But, im having a hard time finding a high end 40-42" TV.

Hopefully you can edit your user name on this forum??

Let me fully explain Auto Motion Plus, and its presets: Clear, Standard, and Smooth:

AMP shouldn't be "OFF". You want it set to CLEAR. There is two motion processes going on, a "judder reduction", which is what creates the fake frames and makes the image very smooth and video like. Then there is "Blur Reduction" which keeps all motion on screen clear. Nothing fake about blur reduction. The CLEAR setting maxes blur reduction and turns off Judder reduction. Also, you can do this to your liking in the Custom AMP settings.

With AMP off, everything will look laggy. With Clear on, everything should look nice and clear, and not laggy. With Standard and Smooth you get judder reduction, creating that smoothness with an occasional chop or frame drop, which is the problem everyone complains about.

I have a UN55D6050 so I know all about this. Once I realized Clear was the place to be, the motion has been normal, and looks great with games and movies alike.

AMP isn't so user friendly. IMO, Blur reduction shouldn't be part of AMP, it should be a separate control. It improves motion resolution, and fixes motion clarity. Most calibrators leave blur reduction maxed. It is a good thing. judder reduction however, is junk.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by un46d6900bb /forum/post/20894312

What do I about bright objects that flutter and shake. Drives me nuts - Ive tried most of these settings already

lastly, What does turning game mode on/off do?

Have you seen bright objects "flutter and shake" on just this TV? How do you know they won't do the same on other ones? Have you checked, or are you just assuming something is wrong with yours?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.