AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says I'm just finishing up my theater and now that it's tax return time I have a little spare cash to replace my 15 year old receiver that I've been temporarily using. I want to purchase a refurbished model from accessories4less.com to get the best bag for my buck. I've been looking between Marantz, Onkyo, and Denon and really don't have a preference. What I do need is at least 7 channels (9 is preferred but not a deal breaker). I don't care about 4K, but it has to be able to do 3D. Also one that hooks up to the network for Spotify would be nice as well. My budget is about $700, lower is better, but I could probably go up a little bit if it'd make a big difference. I'm trying to save a little to upgrade my mains eventually. I'm a noob, help me out!
I'm no audiofile, I love my bass HOT and I can't hear over about 9-10K hertz if that matters at all.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
91,806 Posts
Keep in mind that a refurbished unit only comes with a 1 year warranty so you'll want to add at least a 3 year extended warranty as having to replace an HDMI board out of warranty can cost upwards of $500. Most AVRs released in the last 3 years will be HDMI 1.4 and able to pass 3D video. A new Denon X2000 or X3000 will meet your 7 CH, network, and Spotify needs and comes with a 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1520516/help-me-pick-out-a-receiver-for-my-dedicated-home-theater#post_24428106

Keep in mind that a refurbished unit only comes with a 1 year warranty so you'll want to add at least a 3 year extended warranty as having to replace an HDMI board out of warranty can cost upwards of $500. Most AVRs released in the last 3 years will be HDMI 1.4 and able to pass 3D video. A new Denon X2000 or X3000 will meet your 7 CH, network, and Spotify needs and comes with a 3 year warranty.

Thanks for the reply, I should have mentioned that I'm open to purchasing new, just figured I've read a lot of good things about accessories4less and I'm all about bang for your buck.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

I would take a different route to getting the best bang for the buck, and that is by buying a new model from last year:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_022RXA1020/Yamaha-AVENTAGE-RX-A1020.html

Although it looks like it is $100 more, this includes shipping, and so it is really less than $100 more than a refurbished one from your site will cost you:

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/YAMRXA1020BL/YAMAHA-RX-A1020-7.2-Network-AVENTAGE-AV-Receiver-Airplay/1.html

The new one, aside from being new, comes with a 3 year warranty instead of the 1 year warranty for the refurbished model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts