AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the information in this forum is confusing to me. I am in the market for a new set of 5.1 speakers (actually, I don't think I need another subwoofer, mine is just fine). My current speakers were a cheap $199 CC purchase. They are Jensen's, and they are ok, but lacking. They sound like glorified computer speakers. I want something that sounds deeper and more movie-theater like. What should I look into if I am setting a $1000 budget for 5 speakers, and don't want the generic Best Buy or CC speaker sets? I know someone probably asks this every few days in this forum, so thanks in advance for putting up with. I know zip about speakers or speaker brands, especially lesser-known, high-end brands.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The excitement around here is for the Rocket ELT system. It's $899 for the entire system.

http://www.**********/products_produc...s&product=31.1

I've never heard them but there are those here who are CRAZY for Rockets.

Don't know how you could go wrong giving them a listen.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
how about a stereo setup ? just 2 floorstanders and a sub? or floorstanders with integrated subs?

something like www.upscaleaudio.com look for the PSB image series. the 7PT has 2 drivers powered per speaker. all you need is a simple 2 channel amp. check out www.jandr.com , www.onecall.com for good stereo amps.

better than 5 satellites if its daily music and the occasional weekend movie.

and sell your sub on ebay if it came with the jensen set :) no offense.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm selling my almost new Def. Tech. setup for a price nearly in your range.

They're a little more expensive, but they're also very good speakers.

My setup on Audiogon

Feel free to make an offer. $1400 is what I'd like to get, but I'm flexible on that.

You can check out Definitive Technology speakers here .

-Nathan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.