AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching my own Plasma purchase, but I'm not nearly as familiar with LCD's. I think an LCD is more appropriate for my mom, mainly due to daytime viewing. I'm not even sure what sizes are common anymore, but I'd say around 42-50 inches would work well. More towards 50 as her living room is long. She's not too particular and isn't going to notice much of what we talk about on here, but I still want to find her something solid. I guess the main thing I'd like to avoid is the soap opera effect and glare.

What else should I look for? Is motion handled well enough on most nowadays?

In the Plasma world it's pretty much Panny/Sammy...so I need guidance on brands as well.

Also, I like Costco for their service and warranty, so if something happens to be available there, that would be great.

I don't even know the price ranges per size really. I'd say a budget of 4-600 would be ok.

If you could lend some insight and a couple brands and series to look into that would be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you. I bought myself the S64 and ended up getting my mom the floor model. Once I got it home I realize the AR filter is working quite well and should be just great for her.

Thanks much for your thoughts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts