AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends, you will see, next week I will get the pieces of the new HTPC I'm going to ride (Phenom II 720, gigabyte780XT-UD4P,and Nvidia 9800GT among other things) and I'm doing tests with my current pc to play movies in MKV and m2ts in high definition(1080p)

My current computer is a Q9550, 4GB of ram on a abit IP35-pro, and I tested the movies with a HD4850 and the 9800GT.

The Plasma Tv is a Pioneer KRP-500A and connects via DVI-HDMI from the card, and the image is good. But I have some problem.

And is that the images with scans(pannings), the effect Judder appear.

The two graphic cards are configured from their control panel to 1080p, and I can set the refresh to 24hz and 60hz and 50Hz.

Of course, I put the graphic in 24hz, so you play mkv and m2ts with native refresh of the movie, but the judder effect appears.

In contrast on the monitor DELL 20 "(for DVI) with 1680x1050 native resolution is fine for me and not notice these judder effect

Can someone tell me that you might be wrong?

I installed the codecs CCCP, the coreAVC 1.9.5 and Haali half split (which is not for worth) that I installed with the CCCP, but remember correctly.

I don't know how to configure the htpc or KRP500 to have the movie without the judder effect.

TV when I push the info button, it shows the information ,that receive image in 1080p and 24hz signal( mode PC configured in HDMI 4), but I do not know if all the display modes that the TV has, I have to select one in particular (movie, standard, pure ... .) or to which it already should be in asserting.

Ultimately, someone knows because the computer and monitor all goes well, and when I connect the HTPC to the KRP500 by HDMI , I have the judder effect???Beucase, I think that it is not problem of the performance of my htpc.

If anyone knows if it might be the subject of codecs poorly configured, can any tell me any guide to configure the codec as well, and also the CuDa?

Or if I have my KRP500 with a bad configuration of mode??

because I don't know If I have to put the HDMI mode in Video or PC. and if I select video, what mode to use( Movie, games, standar, pure.....)

Please help me!! I don't want waste my money in my new htpc, and have to buy a multimedia HD disk....

Sorry for my bad english, I live in Spain.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
AFAIK at least some if not all Pioneer models sold in the US supported 72fps so they can do 3:3 pulldown of 24fps input to eliminate Judder.

In Europe I believe they support 48fps so can do 2:2 pulldown to eliminate Judder.

AFAIK you want to select PC mode since the question is referring to the source of the video.

Are you sure you are having a Judder problem and not a dropped frame or stuttering problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/16910556

AFAIK at least some if not all Pioneer models sold in the US supported 72fps so they can do 3:3 pulldown of 24fps input to eliminate Judder.

In Europe I believe they support 48fps so can do 2:2 pulldown to eliminate Judder.

AFAIK you want to select PC mode since the question is referring to the source of the video.

Are you sure you are having a Judder problem and not a dropped frame or stuttering problem?

thaks waldorf.

Please can you tell me how to recongnize if I have dropped frame or sttutering problem?( is there any guide of image problems?, sorry for my questions, but I am newbee in this world of HD and plasma)

I think that I have dropped frames of mini freeze in some movies without pannys.

But the stange, is that in the dell monitor, I not have any problem, only in the KRP500a

sorry for my bad english.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello Calibra, I have the same generation of pioneer televsion. As some already pointed out, the pioneer does 3:3 pulldown whenever recieving a [email protected] input. As a result, it should be able to produce smooth pans whenever recieving the proper signal.

The problem you are having with judder is in fact related to the frequecy output of your graphicscard. For some reason, ATI have problems with locking the frecuency at 23,976Hz (with the 4000 series of cards). I have never been able to get judder free video with ati without the help of reclock.

As you probably know blu-ray movies are stored in [email protected],976Hz. A very limited number have been mastered in [email protected],000Hz, but they are certainly rare. This is why you have both the 23Hz (the graphics card tries to lock on 23,976) and 24Hz (gfx tries to look on 24,000) setting in CCC, which both get reported as [email protected] by your pioneer television.

Now, Nvidia have managed to get it right. Their 9300/9400 and 8200/8300 series of integrated motherboards passes [email protected],976 (23 setting in driver) and gives judder free movies on my pioneer. My old 8600gt on the other hand does not work properlly, giving judders every 2 min or something. To me, this indicates that the problem locking the frequecy at 23,976 does not only entail proper drivers, but that something in the hardware must also be up to the task.

A final remark, anantech reports that their latest series of 785g integrated motherboard gives perfect [email protected],976. Will have to confirm that myself in the future.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzichrille /forum/post/16918610

Hello Calibra, I have the same generation of pioneer televsion. As some already pointed out, the pioneer does 3:3 pulldown whenever recieving a [email protected] input. As a result, it should be able to produce smooth pans whenever recieving the proper signal.

The problem you are having with judder is in fact related to the frequecy output of your graphicscard. For some reason, ATI have problems with locking the frecuency at 23,976Hz (with the 4000 series of cards). I have never been able to get judder free video with ati without the help of reclock.

As you probably know blu-ray movies are stored in [email protected],976Hz. A very limited number have been mastered in [email protected],000Hz, but they are certainly rare. This is why you have both the 23Hz (the graphics card tries to lock on 23,976) and 24Hz (gfx tries to look on 24,000) setting in CCC, which both get reported as [email protected] by your pioneer television.

Now, Nvidia have managed to get it right. Their 9300/9400 and 8200/8300 series of integrated motherboards passes [email protected],976 (23 setting in driver) and gives judder free movies on my pioneer. My old 8600gt on the other hand does not work properlly, giving judders every 2 min or something. To me, this indicates that the problem locking the frequecy at 23,976 does not only entail proper drivers, but that something in the hardware must also be up to the task.

A final remark, anantech reports that their latest series of 785g integrated motherboard gives perfect [email protected],976. Will have to confirm that myself in the future.

Today I have installed the 9800gt, and his control panel I remember that only have 24 50 and 60hz.

This night when I arrive to my home, I will start to do tests.

I have a HD4650 with native hdmi, without conversor..

First I lock the pioneer in Hdmi Video mode, pure, and purecinema in advance.. to see if I have luck.

I hope that the 9800gt MSI, was as the 9300/9400 integrated grahipcs card.. and give good frames.

sorry for my english.

thanks..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts