AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a newbie i got a sony kdl46xbr2 and a motorola dvr6416 hdtv cable box from rcn thru input #7{hdmi} and the cable into tv and it doesnt work... i get the menu and a message that says temporarily off air, try back later... i have rebooted, unplugged, called rcn 20 times and i am about ready to give this thing back. rcn cant get a technician to me until tuesday and i am frustrated!! is there anything in the menu settings that i may have missed??? i get the motorolas' menu and the tv listings are blank(no data available)???? any input would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
You should have posted this in the hardware reception forum or the Bethelem locals thread. But did RCN install the Motorola DVR or did you pick it up at the office? Did you have a digital STB before? Maybe RCN needs to activate the digital channels. But you probably need to wait for the RCN tech to come out.

Your Sony should have an ATSC tuner. Hook up an antenna for Over the Air digital reception of your local stations. Check the OTA reception FAQ sticky in the hardware reception forum for the basic info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afiggatt /forum/post/0

You should have posted this in the hardware reception forum or the Bethelem locals thread. But did RCN install the Motorola DVR or did you pick it up at the office? Did you have a digital STB before? Maybe RCN needs to activate the digital channels. But you probably need to wait for the RCN tech to come out.

Your Sony should have an ATSC tuner. Hook up an antenna for Over the Air digital reception of your local stations. Check the OTA reception FAQ sticky in the hardware reception forum for the basic info.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' yes i got 8 hdtv channels with just the cable pluged into the tv. rcn did install, said 1hr or 2 to boot, then left, no luck all weekend. yes we have digital channels. ??????? what is a atsc tuner? and do?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.