·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade a Samsung LN52A. The best deals I've found so a far are

LG65UB9500 (demo) $1750
Samsung UN65HU8700 (demo) $1900
Samsung UN65HU8550 (new) $2000

Of course there is always the option to wait for the next models in the hope that they are in a fair price range. I'd love to pull the trigger right now, but does it make sense. Are these good deals? Which would you lads go with? Why or why not? Quantom dot sounds interested but is it worth the cost?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looking to upgrade a Samsung LN52A. The best deals I've found so a far are

LG65UB9500 (demo) $1750
Samsung UN65HU8700 (demo) $1900
Samsung UN65HU8550 (new) $2000

Of course there is always the option to wait for the next models in the hope that they are in a fair price range. I'd love to pull the trigger right now, but does it make sense. Are these good deals? Which would you lads go with? Why or why not? Quantom dot sounds interested but is it worth the cost?
I use this room / tv for gaming as well as movies. I sit about 15 to 16ft away.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If your not worrying about viewing angles go with the HU8700. I picked up a display unit from bestbuy with a 5 year warranty for $2400 and could not be happier. It is a great TV and very close to the 9000 in terms of features and picture quality. Plus when the one connect box gets released there is the possibility of getting more picture enhancing features and a faster processor.

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
8700 is the best choice unless you don't like curved. I have 8700 it has same panel as 9000.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm surpised to hear the demo 8700 over the 5500 but its good to know. I couldn't see any clear advantages doing research. I don't much care for the curve but it doesn't really bother me much either. I Samsung would do a better job comparing thier own tv's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts