AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, I know there are a lot of experts here. I'm trying to remember a TV we had in the family when I was a kid. It was around the late 80s early 90s. It was a 2 piece TV. The screen was an inflexible hard curved screen, placed a specific distance from the TV. The TV was a heavy huge square cube placed in front of the screen. The TV had 3 large lamps, 1 green, 1 blue, and 1 red that projected and combined on the screen. The cube was covered by wood. On top of the cube was a panel of buttons, covered by a smoky black plastic cover. It had a remote control. The screen was a silvery curved screen. The size must have been at least 80 inches.

I want to say Cambridge something. but I tried to google it and couldn't find any signs of this TV. It was a pretty cool TV for the time and my friends loved playing video games on this thing. We ended up eventually dumping it due to convergence problems, I believe.

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Sure, Kloss Novabeam. THey sold buckets of them. Some are still out there, working to various degrees.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme  /t/1419562/help-me-remember-tv-projector#post_22205422

Sure, Kloss Novabeam. THey sold buckets of them. Some are still out there, working to various degrees.

OMG!!!! thank you! thank you! thank you!!! *bear hug*

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Wow, that's the most excited that I've ever seen anyone get over a Kloss, and I thought I was super excited when I got one in on trade years ago. :p

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it just drove me crazy I couldn't remember the TV. I think I literally spent 2 hours googling it and didn't find anything. Heck, even knowing the name didn't bring up a lot of hits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts