AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What programs do I need to have, to rip SACD and music DVD audio at high bit rates into flac or wav on my windows xp computer. Then I will transfer them to my Dune d1.I only have a dvd player burner on my computer. Thanks

·
Registered
30,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomefs /forum/post/21728671

One guy says no the other says yes.

They are talking about different things.

DVD-A: You need DVD-A Explorer.

SACD: No computer drive will do. You need an old PS3 and special programs. Tedious and expensive, imho.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez /forum/post/0

I do media conversions as part of my business and can quickly and perfectly rip your dvd-audio and sacd discs to .flac, .wav or .pcm files for you. This is done at full resolution and will work for 2 channel or multichannel recordings. Please let me know if you would like more info.

Not to come off in abad way but.....You are offering to copy copywrighted material for a profit....on an open forum? Might rethink too delete that post?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem13 /forum/post/21729501

Not to come off in abad way but.....You are offering to copy copywrighted material for a profit....on an open forum? Might rethink too delete that post?

nothing wrong with copying copyrighted works... as long as it is for personal use/backups/fair use/etc... there are plenty of services that will bulk rip CD/record/8track/etc for you.. this would fall under the same thing...

the only issue is if there is 'cracking' of DRM involved... not sure about DVD-A, but pretty sure SACD doesn't have any DRM... its just uncopyable due to obscurity/no one has the hardware/no one cares/etc...

Reactions: hal-9000

·
Registered
336 Posts
For DVD-A I use DVD-Audio Extractor. It works well but it only allows you to tag the artist, album, and year meta data fields. Once ripped I use mp3Tag to add the album art, genre, and track titles. No issue with any bit-depth or sample rate, and works just fine with multi-channel.

SACD is a lot more involved. I can only rip to 88.2kHz stereo. You need a stand-alone player that can convert DSD to 88.2kHz stereo PCM at its HDMI output, an HDMI switcher with coaxial or optical outputs (hence the 88.2kHz stereo limitation), a soundcard that will accept the 88.2Khz signal, and editing software to split the tracks, convert to FLAC, and tag the files.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This thread is pretty old now. I use DVD-Audio Extractor for backing up my DVD-Audio discs and it works great.

Any updates to SACD backup possibilities?

JcT

·
Registered
20 Posts
For DVD-A I use DVD-Audio Extractor. It works well but it only allows you to tag the artist, album, and year meta data fields. Once ripped I use mp3Tag to add the album art, genre, and track titles. No issue with any bit-depth or sample rate, and works just fine with multi-channel.

SACD is a lot more involved. I can only rip to 88.2kHz stereo. You need a stand-alone player that can convert DSD to 88.2kHz stereo PCM at its HDMI output, an HDMI switcher with coaxial or optical outputs (hence the 88.2kHz stereo limitation), a soundcard that will accept the 88.2Khz signal, and editing software to split the tracks, convert to FLAC, and tag the files.
How are you getting the SACD files off the disc?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts