Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I am buying a new townhouse, not yet built. The mid level has an ok size family room that I want to use for home theater, every day tv watching.

To view my room, click on this link, and then on the left middle, click on ENTER. Wait for load. The blocks on the top left and right are doorways, others are windows on left and bottom.

Bose home design link, this is my room layout

I plan to pay the builder to install speaker wiring, and rig up a dedicated circuit for the television, sound system.

My question is, what speaker brand (models) would you recommend? My criteria:

1) Aesthetically pleasing to the eye (room will be white). Something like Bose, small, white in color preferably.

2) GREAT sound

3) Price is flexible, looking for good value. I would say about $2000 for all speakers, including subs.

I will most likely be buying a 60 inch Sony Wega., and a new Sony Receiver (6.1), with a new DVD player.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Anything, but BLOSE, since criteria #2 will exclude it from the list :)

Try Anthony Gallo Acoustics at roundsound . com They provide lots of color choices.

Morels are really nice and pretty, as well.

Also, you may be interested in Mirage Omnisats. I think Paradigm also came out with some new on-wall speakers for plasma tv-matching that might work for you.

As for the sub, I don't know if you'll be picky about the colors or not, but try SVS (they have new colors for their new lower-end boxes). HSU has the VTF2 in black. AV123 has the new UFW10 in beautiful rosewood. Adire has a really nice selection, as well.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
There are a number of good looking, non-boxy speakers out there. I have heard the Omnisats and really liked them. You might also try B&W VM1s and Pinnacle Quantums. All are well reviewed and in your price range...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.