AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love this forum and TIA for help. This is my first time posting but have been reading a lot about receivers here.

I am building a new house (my dream house) and trying to set up three separate AV listening areas. I will detail each below. I have been considering the Marantz SR6006 and Denon 2312, but am open to other suggestions for each area.

1. MASTER BEDROOM: This is the primary "home theater" movie watching zone. We will watch TV and movies almost every night here. I will also listen to music here occasionally (not too loud). The room is about 16x17 with ten foot tray ceiling. We will have a 135" ceiling recessed motorized screen, Epson 5010 projector. Speakers are in ceiling out of necessity for the room - L/C/R will be Mirage OC-65, Mirage OC-55 for surrounds (I have these in my current bedroom theater setup and love them). I am considering the EPIK legend sub but have not purchased it yet. Video sources will be primarily the DirectTV box (or maybe TimeWarnerCable box, havent decided) and the PS3 for bluray and streaming. I may get a Roku box also. Audio source will be primarily SONOS (for siriusxm, slacker, pandora and itunes library streaming). Also, in this area I need a zone 2 to power a bathroom stereo speaker (klipsch in ceiling).

2. FAMILY ROOM: Will be primarily for routine TV watching (probably a Samsung LED). Will probably listen to more music and siriusxm in this area also at higher volume levels. Speakers are in-wall (wife) Artison Masterpiece for L/C/R and Artison in-wall surrounds. Havent chosen sub. This area is very large, with vaulted ceiling >20 feet, and totally open to the adjacent kitchen and dining rooms. Also need a zone 2 here for two in-ceilings in the kitchen (mirage again). Sources are again, cable or sat box, ps3 or xbox, and sonos, plus ADCOM CD player.

3. BONUS ROOM - Large over garage rec room type area, roughly 18x40 with 9 ft ceiling. Will be used for loud music and occasional movie/tv watching. Probably will get a cheap but large TV of some kind. I will be using my old Mirage OM-9 tower speakers for L/R and buy a matching mirage center speaker. In ceiling rears not yet chosen. Ditto for sub, but need something big for this space (EPIK Empire perhaps). Same sources as above.

SO - My thinking has been to put a Marantz 6006 in the bedroom, for a theoretical advantage in sound quality since it will be the most used unit. My old setup has a Marantz 5002 and we have been happy with it. The denon 2312 is only 600 bucks now while the martantz is 800. Would it be worth the difference of 200$ for my other listening areas also? I really want good music sound quality in all three places. Are there other alternatives I should consider in this price range?

Hit me with advice and TIA. Cant contain my excitement.

·
Registered
28,739 Posts
The Denon 2312 is actually only $500 now. call the folks at jr.com and speak to a sales rep to get this price. If you don't need the preamp outputs that the Marantz 6006 offers then you can save $300.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts