AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, im looking into getting a 5.1,5.2,or 6.1 HT and music system. I'm a total noob when it comes to all of this, so i would GREATLY appreciate some assistance. And if you would like to suggest a reciever and dvd player while your at it, i'd appreciate that also. The total i would like to spend is around 1800$ for everything. BTW, i will more than likely never be able to listen to any of the speakers recommended, so i'm just going to take your word. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the Aperion Audio 5.1 speaker system with the 12" sub - this will definitely fit your budget . I couldn't be happier with these speakers they are terrific. The sound is very natural - no coloration at all. The sub is awesome - 12" with 250 watts . I read my mags The Perfect Vision and Stereophileguide to Home Theater and the reviews were very positive . They give you a 30 day return policy so I said what have I got to lose - I bet you won't want to do it once you hear these. The fit and finish on these speakers is excellent. The people at Aperion were awesome to deal with and I couldn't believe the cool owners kit they sent me.

I have them hooked up to an Outlaw 1050 and they sound awesome at any volume level - you won't believe the power of the sub.

Give them a try I bet you'll love them.

www.aperionaudio.com

Good luck

Bob D

·
Registered
499 Posts
There are lots of great options out there including Ascend, Axiom, Aperion, Paradigm, Norh, PSB, Energy, etc.

Personally I recently bought an Ascend Acoustics 5.1 setup (Hsu sub) and a Harman/Kardon AVR-520 (I paid $560, but they're down to $500 now). That makes for a great system for around $1700. I really like mine for both music and movies.

Check out cheaphometheater.com - they have reviewed and compared Axiom, Ascend, Aperion and Norh.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I would look at the rockets if you can squeez a few extra dollars..... you realy want a system with the RSC200 center

or

dont know what part of ohio your in but in just across the river from detroit there are real good deals to be had on canadian speakers .... no tax no duties plus the exchange rate I was able to get a 7.1 set up no sub for 1200 it was the PSB image series 5t mains 2 pair of the 2b surrounds and the 9c center the 4t 1b 8c set up is very respectable and then get a sub you should be able to stay under 1200 for that

Kevin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys folks. Ive just decided to up my speaker amount to 2100$. hell,ya live once,right? The rockets look very nice, but the backorder date sucks. I only have till the 13th of january(leaving for military) to get a pair of speakers and enjoy them. Any other suggestions? Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.