Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys

i wana buy ATI AIW card or smiler less than 300$

but i wana it work with pal system not NTSC which one u can suggest me to buy

i want to use it recording from cable with high quality then but online

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Almost everybody here will tell you to stay away from the AIW's. The inputs on them have sub-par quality and the software is lacking.

Get a seperate video card and tuner card. The PVR series are very nice and have a huge user database here to draw upon.

peace

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamalkawy
cool give me advice for tv tuner card but can recording from all recording resources like AIW
Click on the PVR in my last post.

peace

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMJEDI
Click on the PVR in my last post.

peace
and what about the quality of recording ?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Quote:
and what about the quality of recording ?
It has adjustable settings on it. I myself have never seen a recording from one of them but many who have say it is very acceptable.

peace

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMJEDI
It has adjustable settings on it. I myself have never seen a recording from one of them but many who have say it is very acceptable.

peace
what about the extranal one its batter than aiw?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Quote:
what about the extranal one its batter than aiw?
Almost anything will be better than a All-In-Blunder. :D

peace

·
Banned
4,296 Posts
the hauppauge PVR 150s or PVR 500 (dual tuner) are nice cards

and do produce a good image

it is lower quality than the source but better than any software encoding TV card like the AIWs

the ATI Theater 550 Pros made by MSI, Powercolor, etc... are also a good option as long as you are going to be using a media front end like MCE, SageTV or BeyondTV

otherwise the software included is quite poor

the hauppauges include much better software if you simply need an app to view and do manual recordings

alot of the quality of the picture from hardware encoder pvr cards comes from the mpeg or DVD decoder used, the video render selected, the recording rate used, the source of the recording, and how you set the filtering for the recordings

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
the hauppauge PVR 150s or PVR 500 (dual tuner) are nice cards

and do produce a good image

it is lower quality than the source but better than any software encoding TV card like the AIWs

the ATI Theater 550 Pros made by MSI, Powercolor, etc... are also a good option as long as you are going to be using a media front end like MCE, SageTV or BeyondTV

otherwise the software included is quite poor

the hauppauges include much better software if you simply need an app to view and do manual recordings

alot of the quality of the picture from hardware encoder pvr cards comes from the mpeg or DVD decoder used, the video render selected, the recording rate used, the source of the recording, and how you set the filtering for the recordings
thx for helping iam recording from audio vedio sources like satalite not cable tv

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've been using ATI AllInWonder cards for both serious and casual video capture for the last 5 years. I've had 4 different cards in 3 different machines running Win2K Pro or WinXP Pro. With today's inexpensive and powerful PC, you can flawlessly capture analog TV such that the quality of the capture is mainly limited by the quality of the broadcast. You can use cheap or free capture programs or ATI's MMC. The latter is recommended for mpeg-2 or mpeg-4 captures.

Software encoding is completely adequate with a modern computer. The cost of the card will mainly be due to the 3D horsepower you want.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
I am not quite sure why everyone is saying that the ATI quality is bad. The truth is that the quality can be perfect or at least as perfect as the source is. The ATI software has become quite buggy lately but with a few workarounds you can record to just about any format you like. Recently they have added the ability to deinterlace and record at 720x480 with MPG4 or WMV. This offers tremendous quality with great compression. I think ATI sometimes gets a bad name because their software updates usually break the software. If you can get past that then their hardware is usually outstanding!

·
Banned
4,296 Posts
Quote:
thx for helping iam recording from audio vedio sources like satalite not cable tv
use svideo ro composite with analogue audio rather than the RF coax output to the capture card from your satellite STB

if you do go with the hauppauge pvr 150

you can download the hauppauge tweak tool

and adjust the filtering, the spatial filtering appears to be set for noisier captures as the blur is quite high from default

http://www.cask-of-amontillado.com/t...ge_tweaker.zip

I am also capturing from satellite

the ATI Theater 550 Pro cards seems to do better captures with noisey sources, and have better color detail

the hauppauge tends to produce a sharper image

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I also highly recommend the Hauppauge PVR150.

It can be had for around $60 after MIR in the States- that's with a remote control and IR emitter to change channels on a sat/cable box!

It is the best deal on a hardware MPEG2 encoder card, and the included software does everything you'd need, including live TV pause, timeshift, scheduled recording, etc.

The latest TitanTV interface is outstanding. One click grid scheduled recordings. Titan has done a great job with thier web TV grid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.