AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a Yamaha Rx-v373 receiver that I'm running passthrough audio from. My setup is I have 3 things plugged in via hdmi (cablebox, ps3 & htpc). I have hdmi out to the tv, so whatever I'm watching from does not need to have the receiver actually turned on but on standby mode. My problem: If I watch a dvr'd show from the cable box, or netflix via htpc for extended periods ~40 mins +, I start getting distorted audio. The audio is choppy and echoes. Voices sound almost like robots with stuttering. At first, I thought it was a netflix streaming issue, googled it, and found that uninstalling silverlight and reinstalling would do the trick, but I have to do this everytime we stream a movie. We recently switched to comcast (about 2 months ago) and now this issue occurs when we watch recorded shows. The weird thing is, the issue never occurs while actually having the receiver on, with surround sound. I don't use the ps3 enough to determine if the issue occurs with it. Someone suggested it sounds like a heat issue with the receiver so I took it apart and blew all the dust out to no avail. Any ideas or thoughts? I'd hate to have to unplug hdmi cables from the receiver whenever I don't want to use surround and a new receiver is not in the cards right now. TIA for any help or suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts