AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Recently bought a Winegard HD7010 to replace an AntennasDirect DB2. Before dismounting the DB2 I took the cable down and connected it to the HD7010 via the included 300ohm->75ohm balun. However when I turned on the TV to check I didn't get anything - zilch. I tried turning the antenna in several directions (at ground level) and didn't get anything. The land is pretty flat here so I thought we would get at least something, even an indoor Phillips antenna we have gives a pretty good signal.

I am running the signal into an Electroline EDA2100 ( link here ) which worked fine with the previous DB2. The page does say it was designed for Cable TV but it works perfectly with the DB2.

Could there be a setting I need to switch on the amp to accept the combined VHF/UHF signal?

My tvfool is here: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...582fc564f08290

Thanks for all the help

Dan

·
Registered
404 Posts
Signals are pretty strong - why are you using an amp? Do you have long coax run or multiple TVs? Have you tried removing the amp and connecting antenna directly to TV?

Try connecting coax back to old antenna see what happens. Perhaps there is a problem with feed line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts