AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a high end AVS HTPC (1.9, HiPix, Dscaler, Theater Tek, Windows ME...all as advised by AVS) running into a 9500LC set up by Mike Parker with a seperate line running from the HiPix and the Radeon to 2 seperate inputs on the PJ. Every step in the setup has been suggested by Mike and Brian (who builds the AVS HTPCs).

Mike has a Radeon mod I've seen and am impressed with that increases detail quite a bit that I'm considering (it also puts BNC connectors right from the Radeon, so no breakout cable).

I'm very satisfied with DVD and Dscaler, but am just getting the HiPix figured out. I'm working on the antena on the HD forums.

One thing I notice with seperate feeds to the PJ is that unless I'm missing some instructions, I can't figure out what channel I'm on with the HiPix unless I go back to the Radeon input which displays the HiPix console on the screen. Is there an OSD that shows the channel you're on with HiPix that will auto-disappear in a few seconds...i.e. one that shows on the feed coming from the HiPix without having to switch PJ inputs just to find what channel you're on? Can I manually program this in for each channel I get? Is there any downside to the seperate lines from PJ to PC?

Finally, I'm ready to try to get this working on a remote. My wife bought me a Sony RM-AV2100 which I read on a different thread should work with the macros required. It would be nice to use this since she put some thought into it, but if I need to buy a pronto I will. I would definetely need advice programming that...I forgot to mention at the onset that I'm a HTPC learner, NOT a natural PC guy. I'm getting it bit by bit, but it doesn't come intuitively. I often don't understand the lingo used to follow many of the things you guys speak of here...but I do want to learn.

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.