AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just can't understand how some lcd tvs can feel so different to others in terms of sharpness.

I have sony 40HX720 and it's perfect with right settings. Sharpnes at 50 (zero processing, edge enhancement and all that) looks just like it should, perfect. Like a pc monitor or tablet, phone or whatever.

My other sony from 42" W6 series looks much softer on same settings. You can get softer image, or artificially sharp, no perfect setting .

Could it be a different panel behaving differently? Some other electronics maybe...

It's hard for me to put it into words , but 1080p native picture on that W6 set looks off to me. Not sharp enough. And I'm not one of those who like artificial and overly sharp picture.

I just want it to be perfect, I thought that was easy on any lcd.

If you understand my problem, can you please recommend me 40-42" TV which looks perfect on right settings, no overscan, just perfectly sharp 1:1 image without much hassle?

Thanx

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Sharpness is not real resolution. It is very subjective. Nobody will be able to determine what "perfect" sharpness is for you and your sitting position for your particular TV. Your best bet is to find a review site that does screenshots of the TVs and try to determine which one fits your needs the best.

I like the images that rtings posts in the upscaling section for most of his reviews. Those have been very helpful to me but there are other sites out there as well.

http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/vizio/p-series

1 - 2 of 2 Posts