Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I know I should have posted this on the scaler forum but nobody would help me there so I moved it here. I hope someone here can help me.

I will propably buy a Cine 7 PJ and now I am looking for a video processor. The first option would be to use the PVP Card from my Proceed PMDT wich I already have, but it only does linedoubling (Maybe that is enough? I have no idea! Someone has experience with the PMDT and a 7"). Second option is the LIMO from Barco. Another processor I am taking into consideration is a Vigatec VC 1280. I will watch DVDs (NTSC and PAL) and HDTV from a JVC DVHS.

George

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Don't know about the LIMO at all. The PVP card is supposed to be decent but very limited in functionality. The Vigatec Dune on the other hand is a virtual swiss army knife for video control/scaling/etc. It is also pretty expensive if you leave out Faroudja and Terranex (they are just on another planet price wise)

You may also want to look at the new Focus Enhancements CenterStage. There are a couple of threads in the scaler forum discussing its features. Initially looks like a killer for the money. One of the few (along with Vigatec) that will scale HD signals.

Might want to move this back to the other forum. I suspect nobody answered due to a) the holiday and b) the two options you presented are not widely known commodities.

Good luck......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.