AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay here it goes. i am VERY new to all of this. i have a nec 6pg plus with a 8x6 dalite sceen. here is my question. if the screen top is going to be 8 feet from the ground and the projector 11 feet from the screen how far down must the projector be from the cieling to center the picture on the screen:confused: . please help the fng.

thanks

drew

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Drew depending on the projector...MOST CRT projectors when mounted on the ceiling, the measurement from the ceiling to the bottom of the projector is usually the top edge of the screen.

So you can figure it in reverse if you will by figuring where your screen is placed and getting that measurment and then figuring the projector mount.

I have a manual in PDF for that projector I think with all the NEC math per install I can send to you.

I think I did a search on yahoo for CRT projector manuals and it was under one of the first links there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey vic!

if it helps any i am have to mount this crt on a vaulted ceiling. not something i am looking forward to.so i have to hang it just right. this vaulted ceiling deal is really throwing me off and confussing the hell out of me. by the way that cable works great! thanks

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I take it that the PG is behaving itself....

Marc

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so far so good . still have not mounted it yet . i have talking with terry ferentino about doing the calibration. but i have GOT TO GET THIS THING IN THE AIR! he told me 14 feet was too far away so now i am having to figure out a way to mount it to the vaulted part of my ceiling. not fun. but i need to get the ball going . if the scrren top is 8 feet and i am 10 feet away from the screen should the projector hang 2 feet higher than the screen? if i could get the hiegth figured out i could start hanging this thing tommorrow and get ready for calibration. and ordering my svs pb2-plus sub!

·
Registered
375 Posts
How are you coming up with the distance from the screen to the projector? It does not sound like you have actually set it up to get the right measurement. I don't know about the nec's but with the Marquee's the only way to get the right distance is to set it up and move it back and forth. NEC's may have a fixed ratio though so you wouldn't have to do that.

On the height... Have you played with the projector enough to be able to do a rough setup yet? If so you have 2ft below the screen. Try putting the projector on the floor and see if it works from there. Then if 2 ft is too much you can raise the projector up to get the right height and you know for sure what height works. Then hang it from your ceiling.

Andy

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
The top of the screen should be about level with the top of the lenses. Regardless of the distance.

Download PJcalc to check for yourself.

Marc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.