Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ASRock P4V88 Socket 478 VIA PT880 ATX Intel Motherboard

Here's the deal. Sometimes it beeps, sometimes it doesn't. When it beeps it WILL continue to load to windows, but I get a blank screen. I'm thinking it's a video card error. This is the beep sequence: It will beep 2 times, pause a second, then beep 9 more times. Is that a 11 beep error or a 9 beep error?

And no, I can't see the post so I can't give you an error message.

This is the 3rd different mobo that gives me the same or similar problem, so it's obviously my hardware. Here's some errors from previous mobos:

The first mobo would give me a blank screen as well and would not load windows.

Sometimes the first mobo gave me an error like this 'cannot overclock cpu press f1 for setup or f2 to load defaults'

The second mobo would never give me a blank screen, but i ALWAYS got this error 'cpu unworkable or has changed press f1 to continue or f2 to enter setup'. I would always press f1 and go to windows.

Now could it be my 3.2 prescott cpu causing my problem? or maybe ram?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same thing. Signature is a little old. BTW, I did try 2 different high quality power supplies.

·
Registered
529 Posts
High quality is one thing - quantity is another. Full specs of PSU(s)? What is COMPLETE system config? (What the 'old' signature shows is scary enough.)

Have you tried stripping down to CPU/HSF, minimum memory, video card/monitor, keyboard/mouse, NOTHING else to see if it will POST?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.