AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm having some trouble with the setup of my panasonic rp-91.

first off, i have a slight shift to the right with 4:3 material viewed in progressive mode. How can i correct this?

also, this player supposedly saves picture settings for up to 200 discs. I have been playing around with the user settings on a lot of nonanamorphic discs that don't automatically scale....but with a lot of them i'll put them back in and they won't have the settings saved, plus a lot of the settings seem to be leaking over into my properly flagged anamorphic discs. what am i doing wrong?

to add to the confusion, with 16:9 movies in "N" (normal) mode, sometimes the player is setting itself to +1 shifted position, sometimes it's not, and i can't change it back to "0" when it is.

with 16:9 material that i watch in "normal" mode, is the player "saving " the preferences even though i haven't changed anything?

i'm also curious if anyone ever uses the noise reduction on 16:9 material.

thanks

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by oleus
i'm having some trouble with the setup of my panasonic rp-91.

first off, i have a slight shift to the right with 4:3 material viewed in progressive mode. How can i correct this?

____A known flaw with the RP-91, and we RP-91 owners are awaiting a firmware fix.

also, this player supposedly saves picture settings for up to 200 discs. I have been playing around with the user settings on a lot of nonanamorphic discs that don't automatically scale....but with a lot of them i'll put them back in and they won't have the settings saved, plus a lot of the settings seem to be leaking over into my properly flagged anamorphic discs. what am i doing wrong?

________If I remember correctly, you must use the "u" (user) settings if you want to save them. Forgive me if that is incorrect, as I mostly use my HTPC now for DVD playback. Plus if you insert a disc for the first time, it will retain the previous "u"settings.

to add to the confusion, with 16:9 movies in "N" (normal) mode, sometimes the player is setting itself to +1 shifted position, sometimes it's not, and i can't change it back to "0" when it is.

___The shift function is only activated when using a 4x3 disc. You can't change it when viewing anamorphic discs.

with 16:9 material that i watch in "normal" mode, is the player "saving " the preferences even though i haven't changed anything?

__see above.

i'm also curious if anyone ever uses the noise reduction on 16:9 material.

_____Not here.

thanks

____Good luck!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Check out the FAQ -- do a search on RP91 FAQ; a lot of this sort of info is in there.

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.