·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all

i found this speakers used speakers but the price is really good

so now i need your help
i have some questions too

1) how to know is that the speakers work good or don't have any problem ?

2) i see in the speakers sensitivity when its low or high is better ?

3) i see also speaker "2 way" "3way" "5way" what this mean and when its better ?

and there is the speakers that i found with a good price

1) 2 speakers polkaudio monitor 50 with 150$

2) 2 speakers bose interaudio 4000xl with 100$

3)1 speakers PolkAudio Monitor 10B with 220$

4 )2 speakers POLK AUDIO LS90 with 440$

5)2 speakers POLK AUDIO rm7 with with 240$

I hope you can help me with this

and thanks

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
hi waheeb, and welcome to AVS forums,

Unfortunately, we need more information to answer that ?. What are your goals? Are you trying to fill a carport with radio while you turn a wrench? Or is this the beginning of a dedicated home theater? Size of the room? Is it a room? .... ??

Any of the above would work fine for specific applications, but we don't know what your intended uses are, so there's no way to answer that question.

What is your budget?

Any size constraints ?

Appearance constraints?

What equipment do you have now?

What equipment have you heard?

What are you trying to do... really, long term, not just buying band aids... Do you just want cheap, big, and loud, visually imposing? Is this for music ? TV ? video games? Vinyl records? Tape deck? Blu-rays? FM radio? AM radio (dunno, mebbe listening to Glenn Beck from 50 yards away while you do gardening) ?

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but it's impossible to give a meaningful answer that will help you satisfy your wants, until you tell us what your wants are. Good speakers, cheap. ok, me too... but I don't know what good is (to you), or what cheap is (to you) either.

The more information you give, the better we ( gonna need help here...
) can help. So help us help you, OK ?

Joseph

·
Registered
220 Posts
Since you mention several Polk models, here's a link to "discontinued vintage" section at the Polk Audio site. You can do some research and read user reviews there. I think Polk has the owner's manuals there too. Polk also has its own forum, some owners may be able to help you out more.

http://www.polkaudio.com/search/older-models.php

I used to have a pair of Monitor 10Bs and really liked them, but one speaker won't do you much good. $220 seems high for one speaker. You can probably buy a new pair of Monitor 50s for $50 more from Newegg.(on sale). I can't comment on the others.

What to check for? Look for cosmetic damage. Pushed in tweeters, damaged woofers. If the cabinets are in bad shape or if the speakers smell like cigarette smoke, that may indicate how well they were taken care of.

2-way - speaker has a woofer for the low frequencies and a tweeter for the highs.

3- way - same thing ,but also has a midrange driver for the middle frequencies.

Hope some of this helps.

Reactions: waheeb512

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for welcoming

and nice to meet you joseph

What are your goals?

i need a great sound
i listen to music a lot all kind of music

What is your budget?

500$

I am just upgrading slow because i dont have much money and its expensive in here so ill upgrade little by little

Any size constraints ?

Appearance constraints?

like what

What equipment do you have now?

yamaha rx-v467

2 tsi100 polkaudio speakers

What equipment have you heard?

didn't heard much

and jeffer thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts