AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to all of this but everyone has told me this is the forum to be if you want your questions answered... My girlfriend just bought me a rear projection LCD TV... Here are my questions the model she bought me is the Panasonic PT-52LCX65 which she bought new for 1500.00 through her father first is that a good price and second we had been looking at the RCA DLP Scenium Model HD50LPW165 I heard Panasonic makes a better tv then RCA but is DLP better then LCD any thoughts or help on that subject would be helpful... I have Digital cable with the HD tier programing HD is great and so are for the most part the SD channels some better then others I would take it that is the cable company and not the tv... And third is it worth it and can you do it on LCD rear projection tvs have them ISF calibrated or is the AVIA DVD worth trying or does anyone else have any thoughts I would like the cleanest and clearest picture I can get... Any help for this newbie would be thankful...

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
For the price I would stick with what you've got. Getting the set ISF'ed is the best route for the money. Those AVIA discs are not cheap and the money is better spent towards getting it calibrated rather than getting it partially calibrated. I don't know if the RCA looks better than the Panasonic though. You will have to go and check it out at a store to see the difference if any for yourself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the 44 inch version of this tv. you got a good deal.

in my opinion, rca is not what they used to be, unreliable to say the least.

ive done lots of research, and i like my tv.

dlp has better black levels, but there is an issue of a rainbow effect, that a small portion of the population will see.

if your like me, and have guests over for things like football, id hate to have a buddy not be able to watch because he is one of the few!

I got the DVE calib disk, and the difference was slightly noticeable. im sure ISF is way great, but pricey

id stick with what you have, killer deal...

Ruben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.