AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my Mits 65411 serviced today (Annual cleaning and adjustments included in service plan).

It was daylight when they were working on it but tonight I noticed that there are a bunch of blue curved lines going across the screen. What is the deal? Anyone have any ideas. I'm stressing untill I can call the company tomorrow and figure out what happened.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just had my Sony serviced a week ago or so. I had red lines on my screen. They were only noticable on very dark screens. They were about 3-4" apart and curved towards the middle of the screen. The problem was the screen voltage on the red CRT was too high. Instead of calling the techs back and setting up an appointment again, I decided to fix the problem myself. There is a set of voltage and focus knobs for each of the CRTs. On my Sony I had to take the front speaker cover off to get to the knobs. I don't know of the Mits is the same. If you were watching the tech as he was making the adjustments you probably saw the knobs. Anyway, I froze the display on a black screen from a DVD. With the TV on, turn the blue screen voltage knob left (counter-clockwise) until the lines just disappear. Make sure you're adjusting the voltage and not the focus. Also make sure you're adjusting only the blue screen voltage. I had to follow the wires from the knob to the CRT, as there was no other way to tell which knob was which, but yours might be labeled. I had never made any adjustments to my RPTV before this, but it was a very simple DIY fix. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are coming back tomorrow so I'll let them do it for warranty purposes. However, I'm really upset they did this crappy of a job. Who knows what else they screwed up. I also noticed last night they had turned the contrast all the way up and left it.

I wonder what the percentage of services people pay for (car repair, ac repair, tv adjustments) are done incorrectly the first time. I bet it's like 45%... I think it is even higher for me personally :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
I agree with firehawk3721...if you go through McDogfoods and forget to check your bag...chances are the "highly skilled" burger flipper will forget half your order.

I got my oil changed once and the DUFUS who did the work forgot to put the cap back on the valve cover....OIL ALL OVER THE PLACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a MESS!!!!!! IT happened to a friend of mine also from another service station. I guess that's what happens when they hire drop-outs to do "skilled" work.

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
Sounds like the tech accidentally messed with the SCREEN VRs instead of FOCUS. I personally would make them pony for someone who knows what they're doing to properly set the VRs and then calibrate your grayscale.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It is a sad state of affairs. I got the ole forgot to put the valve cover back on again, from believe it or not the dealer. They made things right by steam cleaning the engine and giving me some free oil changes, but I mean c'mon. I have had the Mits techs out four times. Once a year for my free adjustment under the service plan. They were always good and knowledgeable. Call the store. Demand free stuff. They screwed up they should fix it and give you something for your trouble like new cables or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.